Hi. I'm already using B4J obfuscation, which helps a lot with making decompiled code harder to follow.
I was wondering if there is a technique or tool I'm missing to give my app better security.
The thing is, mine is a huge app to be used in large companies, and it's a first (in terms of...
The AAB app bundle can now include a mapping file to de-obfuscate stack traces. Could B4A auto-generate that file and include it when compiling the app bundle?
When I update one of my apps on the Play Store, it warns that my app bundle does not have a mapping file, and I can't just upload the...
In this post about obfuscating code, a mapping file is mentioned.
However, the Google Play console doesn't seem to accept it as a valid mapping file to upload, which makes my obfuscated app's stack traces (from the Google console) harder to understand.
Is there a way to fix this?
I've added a feature to my app that uses Google Drive to store backups.
In this super-helpful post by Fredo, he mentions that the clientID for OAuth should never be stored in the source code, for security reasons (i.e. someone could get that ID by de-compiling the app).
However, in Erel's...
The documentation says one can obfuscate the libraries we make in B4A.
Considering that best practice is to always obfuscate everything that we release, shouldn't we always obfuscate our own libraries?
Or does an obfuscated library (for instance) make debugging more difficult somehow? Or...
hi everyone !
i am trying obfuscate base64 replacing letter by letter using this algorithm below :
note : completes the obfuscation in about 5 seconds, being too slow for software that needs to communicate with the socket server ...
What can i do to improve the performance of this algoritm ...
My app works nicely both in debug and release, but now that I'm ready to publish it I tried compiling obfuscated. This didn't work at all, instead I got this error:
B4A Version: 7.30
Parsing code. Error
Error parsing program.
Error description: Unexpected variable name: _data_from
When I am trying to obfuscate the apk code using the inbuilt obfuscation, it is changing only the variable names in the code which I have added, without affecting the included libraries. Hence I tried to use the free tool Pro guard for obfuscating the apk code to prevent easy de-compilation...