Android Question Get File Path of Created PDF frpm WebView with Printmanager

RiverRaid

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi at all!

I create a PDF from my WebView with the following code:

B4X:
Dim jwv As JavaObject = WebCov 'WebView
    Dim jPrintManager As JavaObject = jwv.RunMethodJO("getContext", Null).RunMethod("getSystemService", Array As Object("print"))

Dim jPrintAdapter As JavaObject = jwv .RunMethod("createPrintDocumentAdapter", Array As Object("NegativErgebnis_" & DateTime.GetDayOfMonth(DateTime.Now) & DateTime.GetMonth(DateTime.Now) & DateTime.GetYear(DateTime.Now) & ".pdf"))
    Dim jobName As String = "Document"
    jPrintManager.RunMethod("print", Array As Object(jobName, jPrintAdapter, Null))

and it works quite well, the Print Dialog shows up and im able to save the PDF file.

However, I would like to share the created PDF, is it possible to get the Filename? (or to specifiy a non-changeable Filename so that I know, where the file is? Thank you very much!

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you need a listener for print done. when the print done fires, you can save the print document. i don't think you can do it with javaobject the way you've handled the printing. if it were me, i would do the whole thing in inline java and with a single javaobject to call it.
this is where i got my information: https://developer.android.com/training/printing/custom-docs
at the very bottom, it refers to saving the document after printing it. once it's saved somewhere it could be shared.
i hope i understand your question correctly. on the one hand you say you're able to save the file
and im able to save the PDF file.
and on the other, you ask about getting the filename.
is it possible to get the Filename

something doesn't sound right.

Upvote 0