Android Question Strange behavior [solved]

afields

Licensed User
[ Solved]
Hello to all. i'm at work and i usually use my pupils app in android or at least i used it yesterday. Today without having done any program modification it does not work at all! what can it be?
thank you!

Last edited:

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What does not work? Compiling? The app crashes? With which errormessage?

Upvote 0

afields

Licensed User
thank you DonManfred.
it does not run.
The application crashes ( a little white window appears at the middle of my samsung s2 saying that the application had stopped). however i had not modified it in any way! i'm at work. at home i'll debug it but it's very strange. yesterday it runned well and today no.

Upvote 0

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Something's changed!

What does the App do? Access wifi? Access local data? Has the OS been updated? We'd need a little more information but basically if you consider the App and what it needs to access or process in order to work..??

Upvote 0

afields

Licensed User
thank you eps!
that app is a student notebook. it does not use wifi. it only work with local data ( a sqlite database). it's installed in the internal sd card and also the database. it has a file ( text file) that is used to tell in what directory the database is and where also is the students photo directory. it also has a keystore file (ver 2) where i have some parameters like student absence code and others ( to make more simple to register those events) and that's all . As i've said, it worked yesterday with no problems!
the os (android v7) has not been update since yesterday. the only automatic update was google play services for instant apps .
Thank you!

Upvote 0

afields

Licensed User
Hello to all!
just to say that the app is running. at home i had compiled it, tested in debug mode ( it worked), compiled in release mode (it worked and is working).
Thanks to all

Upvote 0