Android Question .aar files and SLC

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
a little project i did a while back with slc required 4 jars, which i downloaded from
maven and put in the "additional" folder. everything worked fine.

in trying to update my library, i see i need to update the dependencies. they now come
in the form of .aar files.

a similar question regarding using .aar files in slc projects was asked a couple years
ago. the only answer i found in connection with that question may or may not involve
eclipse, although the questioner made it clear he wanted to use slc.

the answers in this post:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...add-aar-in-eclipse-project.67741/#post-429104

said 2 things which confuse me:

1) "extract the classes.jar from the .aar file and put it in the libs folder". in my
case, there are 4 .aar files, and each one has a "class.jar". not sure how i put 4
files with the same name in the same folder. do i simply rename them: class1.jar,
class2.jar, etc? do i make sub-folders off the libs folder and put each class.jar in its
respective sub-folder?

2) "your library will be made of 3 files: <your library>.xml, <your.library>.jar,
<aar file>.aar". where does the <aar file>.aar file go? do i bundle 4 .aar files in my library? if so, where? if not, what does <aar file>.aar mean in this context?

if the post has nothing to do with using .aar files with slc, i apologize for reading it that way. my question in that case would be: how do i use .aar files with slc? thanks.

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, rename the 4 class.jar files and copy them to your project's libs folder

SLC has a@DespendsOn property where you should reference the 4 .aar files with the name of the .aar files and with the .aar extension. The 4 .aar files must be in your additional library folder.

@DependsOn(values={"file1.aar, file2.aar, file3.aar, file4.aar"})

Last edited:
Upvote 0

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, rename the 4 class.jar files and copy them to your project's libs folder

SLC has a@DespendsOn property where you should reference the 4 .aar files with the name of the .aar files and with the .aar extension. The 4 .aar files must be in your additional library folder.
many thanks. i hadn't used slc for a while and just remembered there were .aar files from some other b4a projects in the additional libs folder, but what to do with the multiple class.jar's had me stumped.

Upvote 0