B4J Question [ABMATERIAL] Align Button with Input

Dianzoa

Licensed User
Hello, Regards! A silly question. How can I align a button to be on the same line with an input in a row? I attached an image that is self-explanatory

THanks!
Diego.

Attachments

• 2018-08-24_022943.png
    2018-08-24_022943.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 219

Dianzoa

Licensed User
Sorry for the delay, I was busy doing something else. The row 3 is the 1 with the button

B4X:
Dim myModal As ABMModalSheet
    myModal.Initialize(page, "editarclientes", True, False, "")
    myModal.Size = ABM.MODALSHEET_SIZE_LARGE
    myModal.Content.UseTheme("modalcontent")
    myModal.Footer.UseTheme("modalfooter")
    myModal.IsDismissible = False

myModal.Content.AddRows(1,True, "").AddCells12(1,"centre")
    myModal.Content.AddRows(1,True, "").AddCells12(1,"centre")
    myModal.Content.AddRows(1,True, "").AddCellsOS(1,0,0,0,9,9,9,"").AddCellsOS(1,9,9,9,3,3,3,"")
    'myModal.Content.AddRows(1,True, "").AddCells12(1,"centre")
    myModal.Content.AddRows(4,True, "").AddCellsOS(2,0,0,0,6,6,6,"")

'myModal.Content.AddRows(5,True, "").AddCells12(1,"")
    myModal.Content.BuildGrid 'IMPORTANT once you loaded the complete grid AND before you start adding components
    ' create the grid for the footer
    ' we add a row without the default 20px padding so we need to use AddRowsM().
    myModal.Footer.AddRowsM(1,True,0,0, "").AddCellsOS(1,6,6,6,3,3,3,"").AddCellsOS(1,0,0,0,3,3,3, "")
    myModal.Footer.BuildGrid 'IMPORTANT once you loaded the complete grid AND before you start adding components

' create the input fields for the content
    Dim txtnombre As ABMInput
    txtnombre.Initialize(page, "txtnombre", ABM.INPUT_TEXT, "Cliente", False, "input")
    'page.Msgbox("",ABMShared.editar_repartidor.get("nombre"),"MIERDA","Aceptar",False,"","")
    'txtnombre.Text = nombre
    'txtnombre.Text = ABMShared.editar_repartidor.Get("nombre")
    'page.Msgbox("",ABMShared.editar_repartidor.get("nombre"),"MIERDA","Aceptar",False,"","")
    'page.Msgbox("",ABMShared.editar_repartidor.get("nombre"),"Editar cliente","Aceptar",False,"","")

myModal.Content.Cell(1,1).AddComponent(txtnombre)
    Dim txtruc As ABMInput
    txtruc.Initialize(page, "txtruc", ABM.INPUT_TEXT, "RUC", False, "input")

myModal.Content.Cell(5,1).AddComponent(txtruc)

'    Dim txtnombre_contacto As ABMInput
'    txtnombre_contacto.Initialize(page, "txtnombre_contacto", ABM.INPUT_TEXT, "Contacto", False, "input")
'    myModal.Content.Cell(4,2).AddComponent(txtnombre_contacto)

Dim txtcelular As ABMInput
    txtcelular.Initialize(page, "txtcelular", ABM.INPUT_TEXT, "Celular", False, "input")
    myModal.Content.Cell(5,2).AddComponent(txtcelular)

Dim txtdireccion As ABMInput
    txtdireccion.Initialize(page, "txtdireccion", ABM.INPUT_TEXT, "Direccion", False, "input")
    myModal.Content.Cell(2,1).AddComponent(txtdireccion)

Dim txtdireccion_google As ABMInput
    txtdireccion_google.Initialize(page, "txtdireccion_google", ABM.INPUT_TEXT, "Direccion Google", False, "input")
    myModal.Content.Cell(3,1).AddComponent(txtdireccion_google)
    Dim btnmapa As ABMButton
    btnmapa.InitializeRaised(page,"btnmapa","",ABM.BUTTONSIZE_LARGE,"Mapa","")
    myModal.Content.Cell(3,2).AddComponent(btnmapa)
    Dim txtusuario As ABMInput
    txtusuario.Initialize(page, "txtusuario", ABM.INPUT_TEXT,"Idusuario", False, "input")
    myModal.Content.Cell(4,1).AddComponent(txtusuario)
    Dim txtestado As ABMCombo
    txtestado.Initialize(page, "txtestado","Estado", 400,"")
    'Dim l As ABMLabel
    'l.Initialize(page,"l","","",False,"")
    txtestado.AddItem("A","ACTIVO",BuildSimpleItemCombo("A","ACTIVO") )
    txtestado.AddItem("I","INACTIVO", BuildSimpleItemCombo("I","INACTIVO"))
    myModal.Content.Cell(4,2).AddComponent(txtestado)

Dim txtmonto_hora As ABMInput
    txtmonto_hora.Initialize(page, "txtmonto_hora", ABM.INPUT_TEXT, "Monto Hora", False, "input")
    'txtmonto_hora.InputMask = "'alias': 'integer'"
    myModal.Content.Cell(6,1).AddComponent(txtmonto_hora)

Dim txtmonto_pedido As ABMInput
    txtmonto_pedido.Initialize(page, "txtmonto_pedido", ABM.INPUT_TEXT, "Monto Pedido", False, "input")
    'txtmonto_pedido.InputMask = "'alias': 'integer'"
    '"'alias':'decimal', 'digits': 2"
    myModal.Content.Cell(6,2).AddComponent(txtmonto_pedido)

'    Dim txtestado As ABMInput
'    txtestado.Initialize(page, "txtestado", ABM.INPUT_TEXT, "Estado", False, "input")
'    myModal.Content.Cell(5,1).AddComponent(txtestado)

' create the buttons for the footer
    Dim msbtn3 As ABMButton
    msbtn3.InitializeFlat(page, "btn_cancelar_editar", "", "", "Cancelar", "transparent")
    msbtn3.Tag = "editar"
    Dim btn_guardar As ABMButton
    btn_guardar.InitializeFlat(page, "btn_guardar_editar", "", "", "Guardar", "transparent")
    myModal.Footer.Cell(1,2).AddComponent(msbtn3)
    myModal.Footer.Cell(1,1).AddComponent(btn_guardar)
    Return myModal
End Sub

Upvote 0

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
row 3 should be:

B4X:
 myModal.Content.AddRows(1,True, "").AddCellsOS(1,0,0,0,9,9,9,"").AddCellsOS(1,0,0,0,3,3,3,"")

Explanation: the last cell had an offset of 9, so you created:

9 + (9 + 3) = 21 with wrapping on 12 cells

so it became:

9 wrap
9 + 3

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Cell position and alignment is my biggest time consumer. You can't really see how it looks until you compile and run (with text, color, font size, margin/padding, etc).

page.AddRows(1,True, "").AddCellsOS(1, 0,0,0,8,8,8,"").AddCellsOSMP(1, 0,0,0,4,4,4, 25,0,0,0,"cnter")

I always recommend using - AddCellsOSMP (along with a theme) - allows you to place margin / padding top, bottom, left or right. Default to "0", then adjust when required. Saves time and frustration.

The "cnter" is the theme applied - which centers it within the cell (while respecting your top and bottom padding). I see from you pic it is pushed far left ( which is default if no theme to override - and cell wrapping error in your case ). Centering the control in the cell (button in your case) looks much better (IMHO). Checkboxes - because of the controls internal size/height, look awful along with other row items - unless you follow guidelines above.

All I can say is: Experiment - you shall see and understand when and where to apply.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Dianzoa

Licensed User
row 3 should be:

B4X:
 myModal.Content.AddRows(1,True, "").AddCellsOS(1,0,0,0,9,9,9,"").AddCellsOS(1,0,0,0,3,3,3,"")

Explanation: the last cell had an offset of 9, so you created:

9 + (9 + 3) = 21 with wrapping on 12 cells

so it became:

9 wrap
9 + 3

Wow! Thanks, I understand, I'll try it now!

Yeah, It would be glorious to have some "page designer", and such, it's time consuming doing the user interface :(

Upvote 0

Dianzoa

Licensed User
Cell position and alignment is my biggest time consumer. You can't really see how it looks until you compile and run (with text, color, font size, margin/padding, etc).

page.AddRows(1,True, "").AddCellsOS(1, 0,0,0,8,8,8,"").AddCellsOSMP(1, 0,0,0,4,4,4, 25,0,0,0,"cnter")

I always recommend using - AddCellsOSMP (along with a theme) - allows you to place margin / padding top, bottom, left or right. Default to "0", then adjust when required. Saves time and frustration.

The "cnter" is the theme applied - which centers it within the cell (while respecting your top and bottom padding). I see from you pic it is pushed far left ( which is default if no theme to override - and cell wrapping error in your case ). Centering the control in the cell (button in your case) looks much better (IMHO). Checkboxes - because of the controls internal size/height, look awful along with other row items - unless you follow guidelines above.

All I can say is: Experiment - you shall see and understand when and where to apply.

Thanks
Thanks bro! I will try that, yeah it's difficult to manage all the options of the grid/cell etc.

Upvote 0