iOS Question AdMob ads 'No ad to show' error

kstainsb

Licensed User
Longtime User
My iOS app started showing the No ad to show error whenever I loaded any ads (banner or interstitial). After some investigation, it turns out that this was caused by the settings on the device (iphone 6, settings -> privacy -> advertising -> limit ad tracking).

Setting that switch will stop 100% of my admob ads being served. Does anyone know of a solution to get an advert downloaded, otherwise I effectively have zero ads / income from my iOS apps for anyone with this setting. Similar, I guess, to adblocking in Android.

Thanks,

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't think that option will cause to show 0 ad. That is just to target correct ads , if it cant target it will show any other ad. Does disabling it , instantly gives you ads ?

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, switching the setting on/off on the iphone will immediately start/stop ads being served! I'm not sure, but I think this thread is reporting the same behaviour:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-admob-ads-sdk/IJHU0Qqj1C0
a guy says there :
Hi there,

Interesting. The Limit Ad Tracking option should not have any significant effect on Ad Serving, however I was able to replicate the same behavior even using our Test Ad Unit IDs. I will raise this issue to the team and I will get back to this thread once I have any updates.

Many thanks for your findings!

Regards,
Joshua Lagonera
Mobile Ads SDK Team

is it the same when it is with real ad ids instead of test ?

Upvote 0