Aerodynamics question

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

My knowledge about aerodynamics is unspeakable, but I need a solution to this problem because I am applying it to something.
I have air pump that pumps air (Duh).. but a colored air, by adding color powder to it.. as soon as the air leaves the noose, it disburses, but I want it to travel in straight path.. my idea that I am not sure about is to contain the color air inside an (air calendar).. I am thinking if I blow air around the color air then it will not disburse.. please see the picture.
In the picture, the box is the pump.. the yellow lines are the normal air and the red line is the color air.

Is this idea good or non-sense?
I would appreciate if someone has a better idea.

best

Attachments

• colorair.png
    colorair.png
    448 bytes · Views: 200

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't think that mixing the color into the air stream will ever work. In the wind tunnels we use smoke wands that are set up where the air flow over a surface needs to be monitored.. I would use a straw or tube with the diameter you need and use your color mix in a separate air source.

--- Jem

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What about applying an electric charge to the color powder particles and then drive the colored beam by electronics deflectors?
Something similar to the principles applied to CRT electronic gun, where the beam is driven to precisely heat the coated surface.
Or, even a better example, what happens in an ink-jet printer.

Umberto

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Jem and Umberto,
Thanks so much for your advices.. I think I have a long way to go..