Android coms to external hardware

forstp

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have purchased this software, made a few cool apps, it rocks.
Unfortunately, don't have the time to develope this next one.
What I need is someone to develop coms over bluetooth between an android device and this particular controller.
Comfile Technology Inc.
The controller has its own plc based software(downloadable at there site)
I am happy to pay someone to purchase the hardware to play with up front, then cover programming costs if we can come to an arrangement.

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
That device looks like it uses standard serial - it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I'm just starting work on my first B4A app, which is talking to a bluetooth-serial device. I don't know how long it will take me to get a result, but when I'm done, if you still need help I'll give you a shout.

Dave

IanMc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great minds!

Great minds think alike :)

I too am working on a bluetooth interface app.

I have the website and the forum finished, the app is just a few days away from completion and will be available on Google Play Store.

There will be a free fully functional trial version of the app available.

You are welcome to have a look at my website:

www.BTInterface.com

:sign0142:

That device, the CUBLOC CB210 looks very similar to the Arduino Uno, take a look at the Arduino - HomePage

Using my application it would be very easy to get your controller to communicate via Bluetooth.

You need a Bluetooth module such as this one:
btModule.jpg

They cost about 5 English Pounds/ 8 US Dollars / 6 Euro and its best to order them straight away as they come from China and can take a couple of weeks (though usually not much more than a week).

These modules are incredibly easy to use! They have just 4 pins and two of those are for power! so just two pins really TX (transmit) and RX (receive) and quite a good range, mine reaches to the end of the garden :D

You can program the name that people see when they are searching for the Bluetooth module! So when people do a scan for bluetooth devices they see 'MyDoohickey.com' or whatever you've programmed it to be.

See my website for info on 'gotchas' when purchasing the Bluetooth modules, such as be careful that you don't accidentally purchase just the module without the backplane or just the backplane without the module!

PM me or be the first to sign on to my forum for more info.
I would consider writing a version of BTInterface for you which looks like your company wrote it (your company logos, text in the help part etc.) as long as you don't demand any rights to the code and I am free to carry on developing the BTInterface application to put on Google Play.
I would also consider writing your CUBLOC code for you if you'd like.
I am already developing for the Arduino Uno and the Raspberry PI so having a CUBLOC would only add to my collection and enhance the range of my product knowledge.

So if you want this done sooner rather than later, choose me :)
</end of sales pitch>

I see the CUBLOC uses the Atmega 128 chip.

The Arduino uses the Atmega 328 and there is a massive community with support for the Arduino, is there a particular reason why you want to go with the CUBLOC ?

It is rather fun developing BTInterface :) My phone looks like its turned off then all of a sudden it pipes up with this Australian woman's voice 'Your Arduino application has finished its task!' (Although I personally am located in the south of England).

Right, back to work, nearly there :)

Hey, I just thought, here's my test setup:
Uno_Pi_Planked.jpg

We see at the bottom some breadboard then the Arduino Uno and then some more breadboard with the BT module in it, then a 9v battery (the Arduino can use between 5 and 20volts) then at the top the Raspberry Pi

If I get a CUBLOC CB210 then .... 'we're gonna need a longer plank!'

:D

Last edited:

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
BT Project

Hi there, i have been working on a few project that involve bluetooth commnunication for a while, i have done serveral project at work involving microcontroller communication to bluetooth, check out my post here
I will happy to help you out, you can send me a private message or just let me know through the forum how you want to get started!

Cheers,
Walter