Android Question Another screenshot question. AddPermission(android.permission.READ_FRAME_BUFFER

Shivito1

Licensed User
Okay, i'm at it again. If I use this permission
B4X:
AddPermission(android.permission.READ_FRAME_BUFFER
will I be able to get screen shots of Crunchyroll video? Yes I know for security reasons you cant take screenshots of other apps. However I have used many apps in android market that do just that. Please enlighten me XD

Shivito1

Licensed User
I searched screenshooter, screenshot ,screen capture etc.. and read several treads. I did not find anything that hints to doing what I want to achieve.

Upvote 0

Shivito1

Licensed User
Yeah. I'm familiar with this one. hmm I still refuse to go that rout until I get some return on my current investment.

android.media.projection looks like it will do what I want. I got to figure out how to use java directly with b4a. Any thoughts?

Upvote 0

Shivito1

Licensed User
Well I guess I'm not going to find a way to do it myself.

Will your library allow me to take a screen shot as a service? Also will I be able to capture another app? This is quite important for my app.
Also can I get a screen shot of exoplayer?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Will your library allow me to take a screen shot as a service? Also will I be able to capture another app? This is quite important for my app.
Also can I get a screen shot of exoplayer?
B4AScreenRecorder/Screenshooter can record video and audio of what you are seeing on the screen and also take screenshots of most screens. See the video posted there where you can see me showing a demo app which takes continuous screenshots of any screens. Read the first post in the relative thread for further information.
You can easily test it using the free ScreenRecorder supplied in the thread. If it does what you wish, then you should be able to also grab screenshots since it is using the same mechanism. If you need further information, please post in the relative thread or contact me by PM.

Upvote 0