B4R Question Anyone playing with a Bittle Robotic Dog with B4R

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
Cool, saw this sensor pack (Bittle Sensors)

Shame they couldn't build these into his head instead of individually stuck in his mouth

1647013858029.png

Upvote 0

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was thinking more of actual component that is the sensor on wires so the circuit board could be in the belly and sensor in the eyes, nose, ears or mouth.

At 71 I'm not going to build my own. Would be nice if they offered them as a option that way.

Upvote 0

KiloBravo

Licensed User
Yes, I would love to get something bigger to play with. The Cheetah would be great but the Servo Motors with the control board are $500 a piece and you need 12 of them for a dog or cat. That is without the hardware.

Upvote 0

William Lancee

Licensed User
Longtime User
@KiloBravo

You're probably one those kids who wanted a pony for Christmas.

@Robert Valentino

I just got my Bittle from Amazon, and I'm figuring out how I can disassemble it. May be it is possible to mount the sensor electronics on the back or belly.
(P.S. I am 75 and of course I am doing this for my imaginary grandson ;))

Upvote 0

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
When you write something in B4R and get it to work I would love to see it.

Well, I am hoping we can use B4R to control this thing (but without sensors, I guess a remote is needed)

Let me know how you do, Father's Day is quickly approaching LOL (I don't have any kids)

Upvote 0

William Lancee

Licensed User
Longtime User
Easy? Worth buying?

I got the thing from Amazon, and I didn't know that is was the fully assembled version.
Which disappointed me a bit. It might have been a blessing, the parts are very small pieces of plastic
which snap together, but you have to have small agile fingers - more typical of children than people my age.

The package also did not include the Bluetooth module.
You could control it through Bluetooth from a Android device (which I have done with MakeBlock robots).
However with the bluetooth module, the cover won't fit anymore.

They did include an extra motor, which is good.

I haven't tried to program it yet with the Arduino IDE. I'll try that first before moving to B4R.
I got diverted to another project that was time consuming. So this will have wait.

Another "minor" problem (not). My wife finds it creepy.
The head, especially with a sensor stuck in it is a bit creepy. The walking motions are OK.
One neat thing, it rights itself (even without extra programming).

Easy and worth buying are of course personal evaluations, it is not a lot of money, and if you can afford it, then why not.

Upvote 0

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the review, heads up.

I myself just got side tracked.
Spent the money on a iPad (have a little program that I want to do for my 1st B4i project)
So this will have to wait.

BUT Please keep us informed on your progress, especially if you get it to work with B4R

Upvote 0