iOS Question Anyway to edit bil file for mass type change

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there anyway to edit a bil file so I can do a change on type.

I have 40 fields or more that are defined as switch that I would like to change just the type (to ImageView) to delete each one and then create it again is such a pain

I had cut and pasted these fields from my B4A bal files. Would I be able to alter the type if I used the Bal2Bil program?

Always found it so strange that when you add a view in designer it is cast in STONE.

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
In the short term, perhaps you could leave the switches in the layout as switches, and then add a loop to your program after loading the layout that scans the screen root for the switches and for each one: creates a corresponding ImageView, copies across any relevant/matching properties, sets any new properties, adds it to the pane, deletes the (now redundant) switch.

In the long term, for a (probably?) once-off change of a finite number of fields, it would likely be quicker to do the job manually (Ctrl+C Ctrl+V Ctrl+V Ctrl+V Ctrl+V?) than programmatically.

I do remember somebody doing a bulk layout update when the layout-to-JSON tool was new. Was probably @DonManfred, he seems to enjoy making the impossible look like magic. šŸ»

edit: nope, was @warwound with i need to replace all Spinner Views with a custom View i have created - the custom View needs it's Left, Top, Width, Height, Prompt, Visible and other properties set to match the Spinner that it replaces

Last edited:
Upvote 0