Application Examples

Krammig

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can I suggest a new Forum Category "specifically" for source code postings that helps other members "learn" how to get the best out of Basic4android.

This could even be sections or snippets posted from a working app, does not have to be the whole app (but preferable), that would show how to do something specific. For example how to use the compass or how to animate a character or communicate with a server or whatever.

I see the current Basic4android Share Your Creations forum as pretty pointless really. They are just apps in apk format and can be found on Play just like any other app. It's almost an advertising / promotional forum, and does not help or promote the use of Basic4android.

Lets see some actual source that can grow the use of Basic4android.

thanks

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For that purpose we already have the "Tutorials" section, wich has several very useful examples... and in the "additional libraries" you can also find lots of classes....
I can understand that it is somewhat dispersed throughout the forum, but the information is there... and when it isn't, the community is always willing to help.

jp02

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello both,
I just learning and I must say it is really difficult to find SIMPLE samples for B4A. Actually I try to undersatand the use of HorizontalScrollView and for me it is not easy.

I learned, 15 years ago a Basic for µcontroler ATMEL (bascom to be precise) and All instructions are explain by a small program.

Actually I did some samples for B4A for me but also to share in the future.

For exemple I add the first one around the "Bit" treatment.

In the same time, I write the french explaination. A guide for real beginners.
Please let me know what do think of my work.

Bonne journée
JP

Attachments

• Bit.zip
    8.1 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:

Krammig

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for that reply CableGuy.

Thank you yes I appreciate the examples that have been put together. Can I share that I have been in IT and development in a number of disciplines for over 35 years and while examples put together by the manufacturers are always welcome and generally helpful, invariably they do not cover real world situations and structures.

Seeing how a real application has been put together and how the developer has creatively addressed the requirements, and general feel of an app, cannot be undervalued, in fact trawling through a real app is quite probably the best way to ramp up quickly. This can only be of benefit to Basic4android as a whole.

This forum does ask contributors to upload source if possible which is I think what was set out to achieve. As this has not particularly been the result, I just feel a "source specific/only" forum would be if real benefit to all.

@ jp02
Thank you for contributing that code, nice to see. Hopefully others will take your lead.

cheers