B4A Job offer - Get App ready to distribute w/ "lite" version

john1in2

Licensed User
By hook and crook I have an app that I have written and it actually seems pretty good.

I thought it would take a year and it took 4 weeks. Thank you Erel and B4A.

My coding is almost done, but I need help so thought I would ask the community for proposals just a little in advance of when I will need them. I will be done in 1 week at most.

Anyway, I do not know the details on getting something ready for release, so would like to hire someone to make sure it is ready to go- meaning displays are compatible across devices (scaling etc...) and conditions for release to a market (google play store) are met.

Also I would like the person to create a "lite" ad supported version.

This app uses static screens with buttons and basic listviews, the only complication being a bar code reader. No graphics like a game or anything like that. Current length of original code is about 1800 lines.

I think this can be done in about 10-20 hours but I do realize that Yes, issues I don't know about may incur a few complications, and this is one reason why I would appreciate an expert.

(Also, applicants and person hired will agree to a nondisclosure and IP agreement so they don't take my code or my ideas.)

It is preferred that the person hired be physically located in USA but this is because this app has to do with a promotional program that is only available in the USA. It is not required but it would be helpful to be physically located in USA.

If you have time in the next couple of weeks let me know your rate/ prices and availability.

Last edited:

john1in2

Licensed User
The budget for this job is your hourly rate times the expected hours (about 10-20 total expected). If you look at my code and say that it is awful, or your make specific recommendations to improve things then the budget goes up. Now that is not really an answer so lets say it has to be max $2000 no "improvements" straight conversion for release to $5,000.00 max w/ new improvments out the door to release 2 versions to the play store. The app is working and needs to be touched up for release. Android only not iOS for this job. Can do a fixed fee or hourly with accurate estimates.

This seems reasonable to me, but if I am out of line let me know.

Last edited:

john1in2

Licensed User
Thank you to everyone who responded! This app is based off a promotional campaign in the US and what do you know, it was just announced the campaign will be ending shortly, so there is no way to launch the app in time for it to be useful. The campaign will be back next year about this time so I have quite a lot of time to tweak it up and eventually at the end of the year get one of you experts on board if necessary. So this offer is closed for now but I appreciate the nice and friendly responses. This is a good community of helpful people.