iOS Code Snippet B4i Screenshots resizer

Hi,

I have managed to upload my first B4i App (still under Review, i hope soon it will be approved by apple and i will share the App Store link)

What i wanted to share with you is, while setting up my App in Itunes Connect i had to put at least 1 Screenshot for every Screensize (3.5" - 4" - 4.7" - 5.5" - ipad)

it took me a while to resize 5 images for 5 screensizes (no transparency allowed!!) so i decided to make a small App that will do it automaticly and wanted to share it here for FREE.

It's very simple to use just load 5 images (Landscape or Portrait) and click save, the app will resize it to all screensize's and save it to seperate Folders...

Have fun and Good luck to all comunity with B4i developing :)

EDIT: 19/01/2015 i have uploaded a new file after fixing a bug reported by filippo...

EDIT: 21/02/2015 Fillippo and MikeH request added + icon(logo) resizer (for Store 1024*1024 and all 4 icons for the app 76*2,60*2,76,60)

EDIT: 30/10/2015 Version 1.2 will also create ipad pro screenshots (2048 x 2732)

Attachments

• B4i Resizer.zip
    66.1 KB · Views: 881
  • B4i ResizerV12.zip
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,034
Last edited:

Arf

Licensed User
Longtime User
Awesome, thanks.
Does anybody know if (when someone is browsing the App Store), only the screenshots specific to tehe size of device they're browsing with are shown, or all screenshots?

If all are shown, I'll upload one screen for each different size, if only the relevant size is shown, I'll upload all screenshots to all sizes.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Awesome, thanks.
Does anybody know if (when someone is browsing the App Store), only the screenshots specific to tehe size of device they're browsing with are shown, or all screenshots?

If all are shown, I'll upload one screen for each different size, if only the relevant size is shown, I'll upload all screenshots to all sizes.

relevant size is shown...

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not able to get this to work on Windows 10. App doesn't open at all.

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
No error message. When I try to open my mouse cursor changes to the circular loading icon, but nothing happens. I also tried on my Win10 laptop and same thing happens.

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ilan,

Could you create this for use with OSX? Maybe you already have a .jar and it will work as is?

Please let me know as I found it so useful with my Windows machine, now I have transferred everything to my new Mac and would like to continue to use it (but natively)

Thanks,
Mike.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ilan,

Could you create this for use with OSX? Maybe you already have a .jar and it will work as is?

Please let me know as I found it so useful with my Windows machine, now I have transferred everything to my new Mac and would like to continue to use it (but natively)

Thanks,
Mike.

hi mike, i will see if i can do it.

but if you are now using only your mac how are you using b4i??

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi mike, i will see if i can do it.

but if you are now using only your mac how are you using b4i??

Parallels - but I dont want to run anything more with that.

stanmiller

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

...so i decided to make a small App that will do it automaticly and wanted to share it here for FREE.

It's very simple to use just load 5 images (Landscape or Portrait) and click save, the app will resize it to all screensize's and save it to seperate Folders...

Great tool, ilan! Real time saver.

I noticed that the 4" image is sized without the status bar (640x1096) while all others (3.5,4.7,5.5) are full screen. Why the short version for the 4" model?

1_screensize_iphone5_zpsx5vuyodu.jpg

I develop with an iPhone5 so I substituted full screen shots from my phone in place of the 4" output of the converter.

JackKirk

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm guessing the 5.8" iPhone X is a step too far?

Full HD Streaming

Licensed User
Hi,

I have managed to upload my first B4i App (still under Review, i hope soon it will be approved by apple and i will share the App Store link)

What i wanted to share with you is, while setting up my App in Itunes Connect i had to put at least 1 Screenshot for every Screensize (3.5" - 4" - 4.7" - 5.5" - ipad)

it took me a while to resize 5 images for 5 screensizes (no transparency allowed!!) so i decided to make a small App that will do it automaticly and wanted to share it here for FREE.

Have fun and Good luck to all comunity with B4i developing :)

EDIT: 19/01/2015 i have uploaded a new file after fixing a bug reported by filippo...

EDIT: 21/02/2015 Fillippo and MikeH request added + icon(logo) resizer (for Store 1024*1024 and all 4 icons for the app 76*2,60*2,76,60)

EDIT: 30/10/2015 Version 1.2 will also create ipad pro screenshots (2048 x 2732)
Thank you so much!