B4J Question b4j jsql update record

tremara1

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have been working on a DB app and I am progressing but I am a bit stumped with the update record.
I am using jsql and the insert,delete,select are fine. This is this is the query I am using:
B4X:
sql1.BeginTransaction
   Try
     sql1.ExecNonQuery2("UPDATE myItems SET item=?, WhereP=?, when=?, cost=?, warranty=?, itemPic=?, recPic=? where item=?", Array As Object(strItem,strWhere,lngTicks,strCost,strWarranty,buffer1,buffer2,strItem))

Catch
  Log(LastException.Message)
  End Try

The data table structure is in the attached screen capture.

The error I get is
java.sql.SQLException: [SQLITE_ERROR] SQL error or missing database (near "when": syntax error)

I know this is going to be obvious but I have looked at this for hours and tried heaps of suggestions from the forum but to no avail.....

Attachments

• Ashampoo_Snap_2017.02.20_07h16m12s_001_.png
    18 KB · Views: 210

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In SQLite WHEN is a Clause keyword, I don't know SQLite well enough to say that's the problem without testing it, but that's where I would start. Change the name, or to test it, just don't update that column and see if it stops complaining, then change the column name if it does.

Upvote 0

tremara1

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks absolutely spot on I did not see that......Trevor

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks absolutely spot on I did not see that......Trevor
Yes, you have to watch those reserved words... Screwed me up many times.

The smart guys (formally trained) will often prefix all fields with 'x_when' to avoid such issues, regardless of the field name.
One approach, sure there are many others.

Upvote 0

keirS

Licensed User
Longtime User
Enclosing your when field in quotation marks will resolve this.

B4X:
sql1.ExecNonQuery2("UPDATE myItems SET item=?, WhereP=?,'when'=?, cost=?, warranty=?, itemPic=?, recPic=? where item=?", ArrayAs Object(strItem,strWhere,lngTicks,strCost,strWarranty,buffer1,buffer2,strItem))

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…