Android Question B4XSearchTemplate and what I would like to show the client

BigBoss123

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am happy with the way B4XSearchTemplate works but I have a small problem

When I read the database Table there are items contained in that table that do not need to be seen by the client but are needed to used later.
My example is for a wine company who control their inventory by barcodes. When a pallet of wine appears it could be a pallet of 6 bottles to a case, 12 bottles to a case
or a storage bin. The table 'categories' lists '12 cases of 12 packs' or '24 cases of 6 packs' or 'magnum bins' or just 'storage bins'. But behind each item in the table is the quantity received. Now in the B4XSearchTemplate I would like to only show the 'description' of the categories but hold the quantity received and if for example it is a bin, as that needs another barcode as it could be rented by the client.
If I add it to the 'Items.Add' it appears in the B4XSearchTemplate.
How do I retain the 'Items" but not show them but use them later, i.e. when the description is selected a 'txtQuantity.Text' on the form is updated with the quantity of the selected description.
As it is a remote database using jRDC connection I would like not to have to go back again to the database once a item has been selected to get the quantity.
Your help would be much appreciated.

roerGarcia

Licensed User
Longtime User
Why don't you create any kind of array to contain there the data that jRDC2 returns to you and work on that array of data? (map, list, whatever)

It can even be a local sqlite database.

Upvote 0