Bug? [BANano] SKTextBox with Type of password [solved]

Dave G

Licensed User
Finally figured out the cause of issues with a SKTextBox with Type of password. I was re-reading BANano B4X Getting Started and ran across "19.2 Web App doesn't update after recompiling" and Service Workers being registered. So, I unregistered the Server Worker associated with my PWA client, invoked the URL and it work! The issues is that Type of password causes the browser to initiate an interaction with password managers, such as Norton, to retrieve the username/password. In addition, it displays a little icon (see attachment) when it works, but a bogus icon and repeated attempts to retrieve the correct icon. So, wasn't my code or BANano after all, just an over zealous browse with a long memory.

BTW, I knew it had something to do with the browser because it was isolated to one browser, Brave, that is my primary browser. Chrome, Brave Private and Edge were okay so I figured it was something cached in Brave. I've learned a lot more than I ever cared to learn about browser-based application in the past few months, but well worth the experience.

Attachments

• passworIcons.jpg
    passworIcons.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 89