B4J Question [BANanoServer] [jRDC2]

LJG

Hello all,

I am studying how to use BANanoServer with jRDC2 in the proper manner. I have a very simple setup that I need help with. Here is the breakdown:

1) On the Client side I have the following:
On the Client Side:
Private Sub SKButton3_Click (event As BANanoEvent)
    Dim value As Int = 0
    Dim error As String
    Dim prom As BANanoPromise = ws.RunFunctionWithResult("FillAnimalsTable_BAN", Null)
    prom.Then(value)
        Log("Promise value: " & value)
    prom.Else(error)
        Log("Promise error: " & error)
    prom.end
End Sub

2) On the Server side, I have the following:
On the Server Side:
Sub FillAnimalsTable_BAN As ResumableSub
    Dim cmdList As List
    cmdList.Initialize
    'Generate 2 animals. Create the DBCommands.
    For i = 1 To 2
        jRDC2Utils.AddCommand(cmdList, "insert_animal", Array("Horse " & i))
    Next
    'Execute the DBCommands.
    Wait For (jRDC2Utils.ExecuteCommands(cmdList)) complete (Result As Int)
    Log("Server Side Result: " & Result)
    Return Result
End Sub

3) The Client code does get to the server and the server-side successfully adds the 2 horses to the database - but the client-side promise does not return the promised int value (the number 2).

4) On the Server side console, I get: "Server-Side Result: 2" (so that's working).

5) On the Client side console, I get:

ReconnectingWebSocket sendPromise ws://192.168.1.15:17178/ws/www/about {"type":"event","event":"banano_parseevent","params":{"eventname":"fillanimalstable_ban","request_id":3,"eventparams":""}}
bananocore.js:9 ReconnectingWebSocket onmessage ws://192.168.1.65:17178/ws/www/about {"prop":"{\"request_id\": 3, \"data\": b4j.example.serverabout$ResumableSub_FillAnimalsTable_BAN@52d10fb8}","etype":"eval"}

ReconnectingWebSocket onmessage ws://192.168.1.15:17178/ws/www/about {"prop":"{\"request_id\": 3, \"data\": b4j.example.serverabout$ResumableSub_FillAnimalsTable_BAN@52d10fb8}","etype":"eval"}

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ':'
at new Function (<anonymous>)
at b4j_eval (bananocore.js:12)
at p._B._ws.onmessage (browserabout.js:1161)
at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (bananocore.js:9)
at WebSocket.s.onmessage (bananocore.js:9)

The javascript function affected is:
Javascript Line:
(function anonymous(
) {
{"request_id": 3, "data": b4j.example.serverabout$ResumableSub_FillAnimalsTable_BAN@1804f60d}
})

It's that "unexpected token" that I cannot figure out (I am assuming that is the issue).

Your help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…