the other side.....it lock up time

1814400s

🇿🇦

Last edited:

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Take it as easy as possible, and try to keep good habits. Finishing 2nd week here in Spain, 2 more to come.

First week:

Second week:

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
@JordiCP :D

1hr 10min :-

D

interesting its at this point that the whole thing actually becomes real. faced with a lack of freedom not felt since the days of apartheid and the white nationalists and us students. but way more life threatening....had to just find something that gives me comfort and a then "i can go away from the window"

CoronaV , , ,

.... the light went out in my head ...

Last edited:

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Here you are, a few ideas to forget about the lockdown.

1) play tv's Naked and Afraid with your wife. You are survivalists and collaborate to win the game. Oh, don't suggest to spread some logs, thorns or broken shells all around..she will not appreciate
2) draw a maze on the floor when she's asleep. Make it impossible to reach the bathroom for a funny (and dangerous) game
3) don't be lazy. Dress like for a business meeting, have her to be as beatiful as ever, go together for a short walk around the house and stop by the kitchen pretending it's a bar where you can enjoy a coffe or a cup of tea. This one really works; I do it each day at 10:30..

Ok, let me try to be not too OT and at the same time to promote B4x..

1) an app to play "treasure hunt"; as a reward you find tools needed for your survival kit
2) an app to solve the maze (and one to generate one each night)
3) an app to help decide what to wear, how to do a new make up or hairstyle
3a) an app to navigate you from anywhere in the house to the best (and only) bar open in it

New ideas will follow on the next few days.. (this is a threat not a promise ehehe)

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
Naked and Afraid
its censored on our satellite feed (must a trrrrrrrrumper out there) there again "Some times even that president must have to see her naked" [edit oops Milania of course]

no no I did get the joke / point....

Make it impossible to reach the bathroom for a funny (and dangerous) game
nice ONE 👍very inventive life you must lead. . . . .

Last edited:

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
draw a maze on the floor when she's asleep.
I remember one Big Bang Theory episode where Sheldon had put emergency exit markers around the apartment all over floor tracks, walls etc. Leonard describes this to Penny who can't see anything until Leonard turns off the lights and the luminescent paint shows up . . .

So I'm thinking a pathway that leads outside to the nearest tree so when she wakes up . . . .
Its OK ! I have a comfortable couch to sleep on . . .

This one really works; I do it each day at 10:30..

that's when YOU turn the kettle ON RIGHT 🧞‍♂️💡

Here's my app solution :
a count down timer to the end of lock-up (could be used by convicts as well) it will be in a choice of seconds or milliseconds converted to HEX / OCTAL / BINARY randomly (user has to solve for DEC to days-hours-minutes) then links to 3a in #4 generating a new random maze as in 2 in #4 each time the user hits CHECK button; then selects a random number from the phone book and posts the maze to that number as well as appearing through the overhead projector in the lounge (in your house, so remote generation is enabled) projecting the maze on the floor - so when the wife gets up . . . (WARNING careful you don't fall into this trap by visiting too many locations in 4 in # 4 above)

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
so, yesterday we passed day 8 of our lockdown.

being fortunate enough not live in a city, town or village, we really are living much as normal.

but here's the thing, by yesterday we were getting messages from friends who live in built up areas and are finding out how small their houses / flats are. exercising in the confines of one's house, or even yard if there is one, gets very limiting and trying after just a few days. we want to invite them to come and walk where we are, but, have the feeling that under our regulations which take the form of law this would be illegal. in johannesburg area it has been raining for three days and so restricting people even more from using what little spaces they may have (other than those now well planned ahead visits to the supermarket of course).

what others in other countries in Europe and other areas or our larger cities are doing to cope with this is just mind-bending, but hats off to you all since you're finding the ways and means to do it. i guess that its to do with the reason and aim of having to do it.

i listened to TinTin in America last night - how on earth can he go on just NOT getting it. seems like he thinks he and his republicans are dealing with the crisis there with huge success. though at a federal political level its clearly an ostrich head in the sand exercise. rather leave it to the governors of the states to deal with, and even in the 8 states where they are not doing that. i guess that means in true TinTin fashion, that means he can blame it on someone else in the end when a LOT of americans are killed by CoronaV.

So here, its being dealt with on a different level and regulatory solutions are apparently keeping the spread down with these figures as of today :
1586122949316.png

to contrast things with TinTin's way of things : the african union's health ministers met today (by phone one supposes) to review continental level responses and views on combating the virus. perhaps the continent has been lucky enough to have started to deal fully with the oncoming virus as week or so ago, and to prepare for its arrival three to four weeks ago, so that, we're not in the situation TinTin has allowed to happen.

in this coming week we begin to consider what to do if the lockdown has to be extended.......