Barcode generation library

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Here is a library I put together from various open source projects. I used it for generating bar codes to read off my computer screen when testing my http://www.b4x.com/forum/additional-libraries/4044-quickmark-1d-2d-barcode-reader-library.html

It offers DataMatrix 2D barcodes and a variety of 1D barcodes. It could also generate QRcode 2D barcodes but that requires a large number of configuration files (5.8Mb!) and they won't zip up small enough for the forum to accept so I can't include them. That seems an excessive overhead to me when DataMatrix seems just as good and anyway QuickMark can decode the square format DataMatrix codes (but apparently not the rectangular ones!).

As it is really only a "play with" library I don't intend to offer a help file as to produce valid barcodes you need to know some technical details about them, such as checksum calculations, so Google is probably best for that. The properties and methods of the objects should be straightforward to work out. The filetypes for SaveImage are "J" for jpg, "B" for bmp, "G" for gif and "P" for png.

Attachments

• BarCodes1.0.zip
    36 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:

Bobbes

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi agraham,
I want to save the image1.image on the Desktop but no file on saved.
I used the BCenc.saveimage(image1.image,"B") but no pic saved.

sorry for my bad english

Bernd

Bobbes

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you very much,
now it runs perfectly.
:sign0060::sign0060::sign0060:

:sign0013:

Bernd

thecrowkaka

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear Agraham

This is a fantastic library indeed.

You should have built a Help file for this library. What does the Pixelarray stand for? how to use this?
I want to have an array of "0" and "1" where a "0" corresponds to the white square and "1" corresponds to the black square in the datamatrix code.
Can this pixelarray give me this array?
If not then can you update this library to give such an array?

Kaushik Kale.

thecrowkaka

Licensed User
Longtime User
This library on Basic4Android

Is this library available on Basic4Android if not can it be made available on B4A.