Base64 image problem

jflaplante

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just noticed something strange. I had assumed that everything was ok regarding my base 4 encoding without checking first.

I use the signature capture example to store a signature in a blob into sqlite. The capture canvas is 570 x 190 pixels and every time I go back to the signature capture page, I can display the current signature back onto the canvas without any problems. I can even read the sqlite database with a local client app and view or save the image.

Now here's where I have two strange things happenings. When I read the image with an sqlite client, the image size is reported as being 758 x 252 pixels even if it was captured on a 570 x 190 canvas. The image just appears as being scaled up with no particular padding anywhere. This is not a big problem, it is just strange.

Now, the big problem is when I decide to transfer this image to an external sql server into a json data stream. I convert the image into base64 and it gets transferred ok. I compared the source and destination string and they are identical. I have been unable to decode this string so far. When I paste it into an online base64 image decoder, It either get decoded into a 758 x 252 unreadable image or I get the message that it was not encoded in the same way I try to decode it with.

Any idea about what to try next?

Thanks in advance.

JF.

jflaplante

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK.... replying to myself and glad I didn't waste too much of anybody's time, I found my problem... I was double URLdecoding my string in the server... Not my proudest moment but that how you learn!

JF.

Upvote 0