Basic for Andriod assistance

hpd71

Licensed User
Longtime User
Basic for Android assistance

Hi,

Looking for somebody to provide some assistance with a basic for android project that uses web services / SQL Server data.

Please have some relevant experience.

Its not full time work, so happy to work with people who can do this as a part time or full time role.

Thanks

Last edited:

pamoxi

Licensed User
Longtime User
More data

I am android programmer and web site designer.
I have developed PHP-MySQL web services.
Please post more details about your needs.

hpd71

Licensed User
Longtime User
For information

Thanks for the responses.

I have an Microsoft SQL Server application that I want an tablet app to work with.

The tablet application, will start out being pretty basic, but I want to add more features later.

The intial requirement is to hook up the screen I build to the sql database via web service called.

They will be as simply as calling a web service and passing in a parameter, such as a user name/pwd combo to validate the client login, or getting data back from the database on a product.

The way I see it working is that I would be developing the app, and you would be sharing the work as well. The key area I would be doing is the screen design, and the key area you would be doing is the web service/sql stuff.

Any other questions, please let me know

pamoxi

Licensed User
Longtime User
The following recommendation is if the program should make the request over the Internet, meaning that the program can work anywhere with WiFi.

As a matter of reliability and functionality, the server should have a public IP (not dynamic) to prevent third parties forwarding (dyndns, etc.).

You can send the registration data and the requirement in the url (example: miserver.com/android/?user=xxx&pass=xxx&datarequest=xxx) and the android program will read the query result to the database.

As sending is not done through the browser, there is no danger of exposing the data, and thus operates independently of the server technology you use (PHP, ASP, JSP, etc.).

This way is faster and easier than with webservices.

Last edited:

Globalclown

Licensed User
Longtime User
quick assistance available

hello,
me can support+develop solutions with b4a and php+sql,
also can offer temporary or longtime access to servers for this.

development by prototyping and step-by-step refinement,
payment step-by-step only on success and contendment,
analysis and proposals free of charge.

senior software designer for hosts, clients, tablets and phones:
[email protected]
wolf.

roarnold

Licensed User
Longtime User
Currently Dev'ing apps

I currently and developing applications that work over Cell or WiFi and leveraging SQL/PHP backend. I am a little further along than the basics and have time.

Thx.
R