Android Question Best approach to create a custom bus schedule app?

fredo

Licensed User
Longtime User
The goal is to create an app that helps students find up-to-date bus/train connections for their various usual locations.

From my point of view, Google Maps has the most up-to-date data and is interesting both from the effort and price structure.

Does anyone have any experience with retrieving up-to-the-minute public transportation connections?

I have, seen that there are many Google Maps projects here, but would like to hear the opinion of someone who has dealt specifically with the schedule issue.

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
The goal is to create an app that helps students find up-to-date bus/train connections for their various usual locations.

From my point of view, Google Maps has the most up-to-date data and is interesting both from the effort and price structure.

Does anyone have any experience with retrieving up-to-the-minute public transportation connections?

I have, seen that there are many Google Maps projects here, but would like to hear the opinion of someone who has dealt specifically with the schedule issue.
If for publis transport better Google :) they have the option to show your data on GoogleMap in real time

When it's not a public transport project then you could want to have your own platform.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Estimate,

I have developed a whole public transport system.

ask for the country and city for the following:

Public transport in certain countries and cities is private, subsidized by governments and these private companies do not provide enough information or do not provide it.

Upvote 0

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Google can display public transport routes online.

Can you tell me where I can see it?

like this:

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    478.7 KB · Views: 141
Upvote 0

fredo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks @f0raster0 and @oparra for the tips.
In the meantime I have decided to use a Google Maps solution.
Background is the worldwide availability with a highly flexible API.
As it looks, the transport companies of the regions deliver their timetables to Google on a daily basis, which then calculate detailed route information from it.

Upvote 0