Bluetooth Audio Routing (Switcher?)

GeprgeP1111

Hello....

I have searched here, Market Place, and Google for a app to redirect the Bluetooth audio and finding none I'm coming to the conclusion that it's can't be done?

First off, I'm using a unrooted Samsung Galaxy Player 5 tablet, Android Version: 2.3.5 “Gingerbread”, Bluetooth 3.0, Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP.

I have a communication radio and a Android app that controls the various functions of the radio over a Bluetooth serial connection. Now I need someway to get the audio from the radio to my tablet and back. I have a Bluetooth A2DP clip-on headset (built in mic and plug in earbuds) on order to connect to the radio.

I understand that the Android system seems to only allow one audio mic/spk to be in use at a time (internal mic/spk, plugin mic/earbuds, Bluetooth mic/spk). What I need is to be able to route the mic audio from the external Bluetooth headset out the tablet's internal or plugin speakers, and the tablets internal or plugin mic's audio out the external Bluetooth speaker.

Basically a list of all connected mic's and speakers and a way to select what goes where. As I said above, from all the searching I have done I have come up dry. So is this audio routing set in stone, or is there some way I can deal with it via B4A or should I check with the XDA folks if it's a firmware issue?

I'm not necessarily looking for instructions, just asking if it can be done.

Thanks for any suggestions and I'm looking forward to checking out the trial and hopefully the full version of B4A. I have programed a fair amount in the past using Machine and Assembly and of course Basic, but that was many years ago.... My, how things have changed!! :)

George

SoyEli

Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe ? :)

Sub SetEarPhone(Value As Boolean)
Dim r As Reflector
r.Target = r.GetContext
r.Target = r.RunMethod2("getSystemService", "audio", "java.lang.String")
Dim mode As Int
If Value Then mode = 2 Else mode = 0
r.RunMethod2("setMode", mode, "java.lang.int")
End Sub

Upvote 0

GeprgeP1111

It will probably be a while before I learn enough about the programming that I can test your suggestion but thanks anyway.

The fact that I have not heard anything else or found any current apps I'm going on the assumption that what I want can't be done.

Thanks agn for your suggestion.

George

Upvote 0