iOS Question Can't personalyze UsageDescription for GPS [solved]

igodese

Licensed User
Hi all,
I have the Location services activated in my App. I added to the Projects Attributes the following two lines:
B4X:
    #PlistExtra:<key>NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription</key><string>Used to display the current navigation data.</string>
    #PlistExtra:<key>NSLocationUsageDescription</key><string>Used to display the current navigation data.</string>
The App compiles and runs fine.
After that, I decided to modify the description included in the tags <string></string> as in the following example:
B4X:
    #PlistExtra:<key>NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription</key><string>Per calcolo alba e tramonto::To compute sunrise & sunset</string>
   #PlistExtra:<key>NSLocationUsageDescription</key><string>Per calcolo alba e tramonto::To compute sunrise & sunset</string>
and received a compilation error like this:
Check dependencies
Code Signing Error: Bundle identifier is missing. B4iProject doesn't have a bundle identifier for the Release build configuration. Add a value for PRODUCT_BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER in the build settings editor.
Code Signing Error: Code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 11.2'
Any help will be welcome, thanks.

igodese

Licensed User
Oops, I found the reason for the error. It's the character "&" embedded in the string. Replacing it with "and" solves the problem.

Upvote 0