Share My Creation CardShark Spades

This is the free version of CardShark Spades. The final version will have many playing levels and styles, but this version only plays at the expert level. It has many features for learning to play like an expert which can be seen in the options window in the 2nd screen shot below. The app includes a large documentation file.

Click here to download version 1.5. October 21, 2011

The app runs on a 1.5 scale (e.g.: 800x480) phone or any size/resolution tablet. The download file is a zip file which contains the apk file because for some reason, I could not get the apk file to download in a browser.

This has not been uploaded to distributors yet because I hope to get some feedback from people on here.

I am not uploading the code because it is over 10,000 lines, most of which are algorithms for bidding and playing Spades, thus not of use to anyone not writing a Spades game. A previous upload, Card Game Shell, contains the code for shuffling, dealing, and displaying hands of cards. Any other routines of general use are either in the Wiki or in the forums. A big "thank you" to Erel and all who have helped me on these forums.

endofgame.png

optionsmenu.png

Attachments

• shark220x220.jpg
    shark220x220.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 14,101
Last edited:

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
The HTML file only uses 8 or 9 screen shots, so I decided to create a file for phones which displays smaller screen shots than the regular HTML file. It seems to be working okay on searches on the emulator. The only problem is that the apk file went from 1.6MB to 3.3MB. That seems overly large, but I'm on my way out so I'll have to check into that later.

I've uploaded the update to the link in the original post.

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I was about to say BINGO!!! but it was a false alarm :(

I installed the new code and searched for "cards" IT WORKED!!!, but, then I entered "winning" and I had the same problem again, this time, I can say that the culprits are the screen shots, it happens if the query appears after/near a picture (like run simulations.png or the one around 'sandbagging rules' to give you a reference), also, tried the new code on my tablet (1024x600 scale 1.0) and it now has the same problem as the EVO, so in conclusion, using an HTML is going to be a royal pain.

The search words I used were:

1- Cards : worked as intended.

2- Winning : It failed to appear on top of the screen after a screen shot.

3- Deal : worked fine, however, after passing a picture it showed on the middle/bottom of the screen (see attached screen shots)

Attachments

• Shot1.jpg
    Shot1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 220
  • Shot2.jpg
    Shot2.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 241

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, on the Bugs forum, Erel said he thinks that the problem is probably due to a bug in "the native WebView", and I think I've done about all I can do to work around it, so as they say: it is what it is.

Thanks again for all your help.

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've just uploaded version 1.5 to the link given in the original post.

This update contains a number of enhancements to the game's algorithms plus due to many problems caused by using the default Android virtual keyboard, a custom keyboard is now being used.