[Chit Chat] Which Authentication system you usually use?

AymanA

Licensed User
Hi All,

I am wondering what most developers use as an authentication system (advantage vs disadvantages)?

The options that I can see on B4X forum in general are:

- Firebase Authentication.
- php authentication system.

But since I was newly exploring the world of b4x the second option was a tough one to learn, so I skipped it to reach a goal which is having an almost completed app ( sure nothing is like that) :)

Lately I came across django which offer a very easy to apply authentication system and provide REST APIs for register and login, also you can have token based authentication.

So I am wondering what authentication system is mostly used in the b4x space by developers ? and why?

Thank you!

AHilton

Licensed User
Longtime User
I ended up just rolling my own a few years ago consisting of a B4J Server app done as a test and now I use it for almost all of my B4X projects and even switching over other apps, too. It started as just a test of authentication methods, in general, but then moved on to production use just authenticating app licenses. Now, it's morphed into a user-based and role-based authentication system, as well. Over the years, I've added tokens and a basic REST API in order to support some of the non-B4X apps of the company. Really quite handy and far more flexible controlling it this way.