Compile forced QVGA crashes B4PPC

willisgt

Licensed User
I've tried to compile with the new force QVGA option, but B4PPC crashes with this error:

'Attempt to read or write protected memory.' (plus something else that I forgot; my apologies, I didn't write it down and the phone rang.)

I've tried several times to reproduce the error, but I only get the 'Basic4PPC has encountered an error an needs to close' notice.

Anyone else encountered this?

Gary

willisgt

Licensed User
The crash happens with a 60-line app (with no components), and a 20,000-line app. Compiling an empty app works ok.

The 60-line program - I commented out every line, tried to compile, and it still crashes. I can probably post that one; it's not practical (or possible) for me to post the larger program.

Gary

willisgt

Licensed User
One 60-line program attached.

Gary

EDIT: I should have mentioned that I removed two controls from Form1, thinking that those might be the problem. It's a label and an arrayList, if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

willisgt

Licensed User
Hmmm. So that leaves the question: what's different on my end that causes the crash?

(Just making sure - you did try to compile it in forced QVGA mode, yes?)

Thanks for taking the time to check this out.

Gary

willisgt

Licensed User
Nope. XP Pro / SP2.

willisgt

Licensed User
Rats. I was actually hoping it would crash for you, too. Since it didn't, it's got to be something specific to my machine. Which means I'll have to tackle this one thing at a time until I have to reformat the drive.

But thanks again for taking time to look at this.

Gary

:sign0148:

willisgt

Licensed User
Desktop - Windows XP Pro / SP2 - .NET 2.0.50727.1433