I apply zlip function data in php (for compress) and uncompress in b4a
Example i compress "Hello Erel"
result is "eJzzSM3JyVdwLUrNAQATlQOd"
so result is longer than source,however i want to compress data
Please explain zlip usage to me

JohnK

Licensed User
Longtime User
compression works best on MUUUUUCH longer data, with repeated patterns within them. Try compressing a string made up of 1000 "a"'s.

Upvote 0

Blue.Sky

Licensed User
Longtime User
compression works best on MUUUUUCH longer data, with repeated patterns within them. Try compressing a string made up of 1000 "a"'s.
for 100 character not possible?

Upvote 0

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
for 100 character not possible?
In such a case, it is better to not compress the data. The compressed result may be bigger because of the extra data, e.g. the dictionary. Usually, a compression is only interesting with uncompressed data (so compressing a JPG file is mostly a waste of time) and enough data to have repetitive patterns.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blue.Sky

Licensed User
Longtime User
In such a case, it is better to not compress the data. The compressed result may be bigger because of the extra data, e.g. the dictionary. Usually, a compression is only interesting with uncompressed data (so compressing a JPG file is mostly a waste of time) and enough data to have repetitive patterns.
Thank you for your answer.
I use xmlrpc in my project and in php get list all files and folder and return to android
maybe user have many files for return
I want to compress it to transfer
have you idea?

Upvote 0

JohnK

Licensed User
Longtime User
Try compressing all the files into a single compressed unit instead of compressing the individual items separately.

Upvote 0