iOS Question Csr does it expire?

davemorris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, Guys
Sorry about this basic question - I should know better!
My certificates have just expired so I renew the certificates and provision profiles and the project then compiled ok. Then I then tried to use the Bridge and that failed so I uninstall it, and when I attempted to rebuild the bridge I got the error.
error: Provisioning profile "SuperorderAdHoc" doesn't include signing certificate
Then looking in my key folders the certSigningRequest.csr is dated 17 July 2019 i.e one year old -

Does it expire and how do I get another?

I did this last year so I bet I have missed a simple stage - can someone just point in the right direction.

Or must I empty keys folder and start again - I hope not as I have some notification stuff the don't expire till next mount.

Kind regards
Dave

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Then looking in my key folders the certSigningRequest.csr is dated 17 July 2019 i.e one year old -

Does it expire and how do I get another?

the only things that need to be renewed are provision files and Certificates. after updating them you should be good to go.
are you using a local mac or the hosted builder?

if you are using a local mac try to delete all files in your local mac b4i server folder except of the server.jar file and the library folder.
try also to delete the app completely from your ios device and try to compile again.

Upvote 0

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the only things that need to be renewed are provision files and Certificates. after updating them you should be good to go.
are you using a local mac or the hosted builder?

if you are using a local mac try to delete all files in your local mac b4i server folder except of the server.jar file and the library folder.
try also to delete the app completely from your ios device and try to compile again.

It also happened to me that i had to recreate the csr because it gave me the same error despite having recreated provision files and certificate. The subtle thing is that I grow the certificate and then selecting the csr file, it did not give any error or warning.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
mine was created in 2017.

cer.png

but i need to mention that i dont use " AdHoc " for provisions file. i use "iOS App Development" and for Distribution i use "App Store" and i had never problems.

in my apps, i use 2 configurations and swithc between them when i cretae an store build. like this:

B4X:
#If store
#CertificateFile: ios_distribution.cer
#ProvisionFile: FileCube_Store.mobileprovision
#PlistExtra: <key>GADIsAdManagerApp</key><true/>
#End If

#if bridge
#CertificateFile: ios_development.cer
#ProvisionFile: iosdev.mobileprovision
#End If

#if Free
#CertificateFile: ios_development.cer
#ProvisionFile: FileCube_Dev.mobileprovision
#PlistExtra: <key>GADIsAdManagerApp</key><true/>
#End If

dev.png

Upvote 0

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Mine was also from 2017. He gave me an error saying that the csr file was not valid. I solved the issue only by re-creating the csr file. So I guess it either got ruined or expired.
That's all

Upvote 0

davemorris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, Thanks for the response

Your last post above said
I solved the issue only by re-creating the csr file.

How to you recreate the csr file?

I am using the Hosted builder

Regards
Dave

Upvote 0

davemorris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi
I did that before - and the old CSR file remained dated 17July 2019 - This I will delete it from the folder and try again.

Dave

Last edited:
Upvote 0

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
Delete all the certificates/keys just then create them again. (In ios you can do it.)

Upvote 0

davemorris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

Deleting all the keys folder does create a new CRS file.

However, in my situation my Apps use Push notifications so recreating certs/profiles is a bit of a pain. However, I did find a fix (it maybe just magic) so I am not sure it will work for everyone.

The background was most of my certs and profiles ran out on 17th July (and my Apple developer subscription a few days before) - I found on 17th July when I attempted to compile the code, it produced the problems explained in post #1.

Followed Erel's instructions (from the tutorials) but it still reported the same problem. Also the Bridge just stopped working and I had to reinstall it.

Now my devices are already registered with Apple, so I skipped the device registration phase in Erel's tutorial.

However, when I did click on the Devices a message appeared asking me to reset the list? So I reset and it appeared to remember all my devices.

I then re-issued all the expired certs and profiles and the Apps then compiled without problems!

Well (I still believe it was fixed by magic!) but, if your subscription has just renewed and there are some certs and profiles needing renewal - CHECK your devices list for a "Reset Message" and select reset (even if you are not registering a new device), it could fix the problem.

Best of luck
Dave

Upvote 0

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
I also use push notifications, in Apple is OK just delete all and start again.
(my idea: 1hr creating the cert etc, is less time that trying to fix them, I tried it o_O too ahah )

About the reset, yes, just need to "update" to confirm that you are still using the devices registred.

Upvote 0