Custom Wrapper for Emotiv Insight Headset

SJQ

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Guys,

The company I work for are looking for a B4A developer who has experience in created libraries, specifically wrapping java SDKs for use in B4A, this is a paid commission.

I am working on other parts of the company’s product and do not have time to evaluate the requirement and discover if it’s possible to wrap the hardware’s android/java SDK & API for use in B4A.
Plus I don’t know much about java or creating libraries.

The device for appraisal is the Emotiv Insight Headset.

The Emotiv Insight is a 5-channel mobile EEG headset that records your brainwaves and translates them into meaningful data, the device uses Bluetooth for real time communications and the company who create the device have provided a Java SDK for use with Android (as well as other platforms).

If it’s possible we would like the SDK wrapped for use in B4A.

We wish to communicate directly with an Emotiv headset. We don’t want to connect our application to EmoComposer or Emotiv Control Panel.

We are interested in the device returning the emotional states and maybe the mental commands but mental commands are not essential.

We can supply the SDK (but you can get it here https://github.com/Emotiv ) and a Headset for development and testing (headset must be returned… sorry)

· Is it possible? Look at the SDK and supplied documentation

· If so provide a quotation for the work involved.

· To the Winning developer we will ship the headset.

· Complete and test the product in a sample project.

· Return a copy the sample Project source files.

· Once evaluated payment will be sent.

· We will organise collection of the EEG headset.

I only have authorisation to pay one developer so don’t go off working on this until agreed.

Whilst we are paying for your time we don’t expect the library to be exclusive if you want to distribute the library for this amazing piece of technology that’s fine.

Regards

Steve McAnena