Share My Creation DigiCar - digital FallerCarSystem automation

I'm currently in the progress of creating my own hardware, to control modelrailroad cars to run on layouts. (not trains, but actual vehicles like cars and trucks !)

So, there is a wireless decoder in the car itself, which listens to RF signals from a self-made command station, to control lights, blinkers and speed of the car.

My Android application sits between the computer that controls the modelrailroad layout (with RocRail, Windigipet, Koploper, or something else)
and the self-made command station.
It listens to the computer, by wifi or ethernet, it communicates with the SRCP protocol. (SRCP = Standard Railroad Command Protocol, which is a defacto-standard in the modelrailroad world)
It then looks up car-info in it's database, and interprets these SRCP commands, and send custom commands via Bluetooth to the self-made commandstation, which takes care of the wireless communication with the vehicles itself.

You can also administrate vehicles and parameters, and manually control cars from within the application, without the need of a computer or device that speaks "SRCP".

some screenshots:

Main Screen:
digicar_01_main.png

Manual control of vehicles:
digicar_02_manual.png

Automatic control of vehicles: (note the SRCP communication log on the right/almost bottom)
digicar_03_automatic.png

Administrate vehicles:
digicar_04_administrate.png

Settings-screen:
digicar_05_settings.png

More info shortly available on my website:
http://www.digitalplayground.be

Last edited: