Door.dll on Device ignores doubleclick event

RichardW

Licensed User
Longtime User
In my file explorer program I wanted to test the listview in Andrew Graham's new ControlsExDevice[Dummy].dll

I needed to have a double click event to run programs etc. The door code I implemented works fine on desktop but is ignored on the device. Is this a limitation or a bug in door.dll?

The double click event is part of Felippo's listview.dll and works fine on my IPAQ H2210.

See included zip for source and dlls. Relevant code is as follows.

Sub App_Start
obj.New1(False)
obj.FromControl( Control("main.lv1", listview).ControlRef )
lv1_DoubleClickEvent.New1( obj.Value,"DoubleClick")

Sub lv1_DoubleClickEvent_NewEvent
st=GetSelectedPgm("LV")
If st<>"" Then Shell(st, "")
End Sub

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm afraid that the Listview control on the device supports very few events compared to the desktop. None of the mouse events are available on the device. If you look here ListView Members (System.Windows.Forms) and look at the list of events at the bottom of the page you will see that the events supported by the device have a device icon beside them, and they are very few compared to those available on the desktop.

In general device controls are a subset of those available on the desktop owing to the devices more limited memory and processing power.

What Filippo calls a DoubleClick event is actually the ItemActivate event. Try trapping this with a Door library event using "ItemActivate" as the event name. You will see from the link above that ItemActivate is one of the events supported on the device Listview.

Last edited:

RichardW

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks AGraham. Substituting "ItemActivate" for "DoubleClick" works perfectly on both the device and the desktop. That is a very informative link. I have bookmarked it for future reference.