Android Question Error in build

Colin Evans

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I was trying to update a couple of programs after installing the latest B4A but unfortunately when I try to build I get the following error

Organizing libraries. Error
Maven artifact not found: androidx.emoji2/emoji2-views
Source: AppCompat

Any advice greatly appreciated

Colin Evans

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Further to the above, I found some links that helped, so I re-installed everything and I no longer get that error but I now get this error on both of the programs I'm trying to update

c:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\androidx\core\core\1.9.0\unpacked-core-1.9.0\res\values\values.xml:112: error: resource android:attr/lStar not found.
error: failed linking references.

I obviously missing something or not doing something correctly but what?

Upvote 0

Sagenut

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you installed even the new Android SDK + Resources from the B4A Installation instructions?
Make sure to unzip everything using something like 7Zip and avoid using Windows integrated unzip.

Upvote 0

Colin Evans

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the reply, I did but then I thought I'd do a clean install, so deleted the contents of c:\android and unzipped again with 7zip, unfortunately, all my additional libraries were held in C:\android\libraries, so I created more problems, hopefully when I sort out all the missing libraries it will be resolved, what an idiot I am, thanks again

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ll my additional libraries were held in C:\android\libraries
this is a big mistake. They should be placed in the additional libs folder.

Upvote 0

Sagenut

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the reply, I did but then I thought I'd do a clean install, so deleted the contents of c:\android and unzipped again with 7zip, unfortunately, all my additional libraries were held in C:\android\libraries, so I created more problems, hopefully when I sort out all the missing libraries it will be resolved, what an idiot I am, thanks again
Sorry for the loss.
Can you reget them from the trash bin?

Upvote 0

Colin Evans

Licensed User
Longtime User
I know, going to spend the next few weeks sorting everything out :( is there a list of all available libraries for download or is it simply search for them individually, it would be nice to simply click on the ones you want and then download

Upvote 0

Sagenut

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe this can help.
B4X:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OnckDRmfEBENBVLmwgSL4z5K867zrODWxQbjy21luuc/edit?usp=sharing
Thanks to @walt61 (hope I referred the right author)

Upvote 0