Android Question Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object

Didier9

Licensed User
Longtime User
My main machine crashed, hard drive lost the boot sector (a brand new Seagate 500GB hybrid SSHD bought in June, with a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate and a free uprade to Win 10 before the end of June). It will not boot but I have been able to copy files from the hard drive when connected through a USB/SATA adapter to my backup machine.
I took my backup machine (same Dell laptop and same Windows 10 Pro as my main machine, just a slower CPU and less RAM, and a non-SSD HD) and copied my data and installed B4A, then the Java JDK then the JRE for good measure.
I had to uninstall a couple of older versions of Java.
I checked the PATH and the JAVA_HOME variable and all looks OK.
When compiling, it get the error in the subject.
I did uninstall and reinstall the JDK with no difference.
I reinstalled it yet again with admin rights and yet again no difference.
Googling it did not reveal anything useful.
Help would be greatly appreciated as I am dead in the water at the moment and with a deadline in front of me.
<SOLVED>I reinstalled everything (B4A, JDK) using the defaults (JDK under C:\Program Files, I had previously installed it directly under C:\Java), checked the PATH and JAVA_HOME variables and updated the paths in B4A->Tools->Path and now it is working...</SOLVED>

Last edited: