Android Question External Displays

Martin Beukes

Licensed User
Longtime User
Greetings,

I need to be able to display a layout on the device display and a different layout on an attached second display. Is there a way to do this?

I have looked at the external displays library but it is very out of date, and I cant figure out how to get it to build.

Thanks,
Martin

Martin Beukes

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Thanks for responding. That is a super cool feature I will certainly use elsewhere. What I need to do is show a different layout on a second display (TV). Basically send Fullscreen video to the tv, maybe a jpeg.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The library allows it.
Have a view on the Device and another on the second monitor.

Time ago I got a kind of blackboard where on the device you had a panel where I pre-ordered the pictures to send. He told me a preview. And when I confirmed they appeared on the second screen, pictures and animations.

Or have the controls on the second monitor a game and on the device ... it is not necessary to update anything.

it's just a little difficult to understand the library.

Upvote 0

Martin Beukes

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have looked at the external displays library but it is very out of date, and I cant figure out how to get it to build.

Basically all the require res and jar files are now in aar's for each revision (modern Android SDK and extras). The library does not include the extra files (it was likely assumed they would always be availible from the Android SDK). I have tried unpacking these aar's and renaming the the jar and referring the res folders. It does not build the demo project. So, I can't even test and figure out how to do anything. Hence my comment that the library likely needs an update.

Upvote 0