B4R Question fatal error: LiquidCrystal.h: No such file or directory

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
This bugs for more than an hour now and I cannot figure out what is wrong.

I have got this message from the compiler:

Compiling (LOLIN(WEMOS) D1 R2 & mini) Error
In file included from C:\B4X\MyCode\B4R\MyCode\TestApps\LCDPlayground\Objects\src\src.ino:1:
C:\B4X\MyCode\B4R\MyCode\TestApps\LCDPlayground\Objects\src\B4RDefines.h:22:10: fatal error: LiquidCrystal.h: No such file or directory
22 | #include <LiquidCrystal.h>
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
Error during build: exit status 1

This is an old trial project developed in an other computer with a previous version of B4R and a previous version of Arduino IDE (1.8.18). The same configuration was valid in my current computer.

I thought ok, since I have installed the new version of Arduino (2+) and the new version of B4R maybe in the new Arduino version it is not installed the LiquidCrystal library. I went to the Arduino IDE and installed the LiquidCrystal library. I have got the same error. Also loading in the Arduino IDE the .ino file and compiling I get the same error. See here (LiquidCrystal by Arduino is installed error persists). Am I missing something here? Does it look in an other directory?

1707648329988.png

Daestrum

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Not sure if relevant, but I just downloaded LiquidCrystal in Arduino IDE, the .h and .cpp files don't actually exist on my machine.
They went directly to OneDrive (because folder Documents lives there), maybe you have similar scenario which is why the compiler can't find the files.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not sure if relevant, but I just downloaded LiquidCrystal in Arduino IDE, the .h and .cpp files don't actually exist on my machine.
They went directly to OneDrive (because folder Documents lives there), maybe you have similar scenario which is why the compiler can't find the files.

I have this in OneDrive. I think the settings are ok. Did you make it work? If yes, how?

1707654232499.png

Upvote 0

Daestrum

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it compiled and never complained about a missing .h file

Upvote 0