Android Question ffmpeg_b4a missing layout ??

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
vitamio acting up seriously now with nougat (i enjoyed a good life with it through v7), so i thought i would give moster67's FFmpeg_b4a library a look. (have only tried on nexus 5 with nougat for the moment.)

add'l resources and libraries in position and selected.
app compiles fine.
starts up fine (except i get no log message: FMpegVideoView1_Prepared...)
when i tap a button to start a video i get this error:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed resolution of: Ltv/danmaku/ijk/media/widget/R$layout;

app appears to "crash" (device says app has stopped, wants to know if it should start it again), but i can still hear audio portion. audio continues playing audio happily until device goes to sleep.

actually, having just the audio portion of a tv video is like listening to the radio, which i can easily to while driving or walking, so it isn't the end of the world if i can't see the video. but still.

what is the R$layout the error refers to? is it not seeing the add'l resources folder? (which are basically empty anyway). there was no layout with test app, so i don't have one with mine. i've used vitamio for years without a "layout" (i just give the videoview the whole screen, as i did with fmpegvideoview).

any thoughts? curious to know how others got it to run based on demo app. thanks in advance
-go

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

attached please find screen capture of compiled and running demo. as i write this, i can hear the audio beeping from the demo video referenced in the code. the instructions were (to the best of my knowledge) followed. in addition to what you cannot see in the attached image, the min sdk is set to 9 and i'm running b4a 7.30. i am confused as to how the demo could compile and run if the instructions had not been followed. thank you.

-go

Attachments

• dmanfred.jpg
    dmanfred.jpg
    404.9 KB · Views: 304
Upvote 0