Future features of new phones

Alessandro71

Licensed User
Longtime User
we all experienced the fake 3D images in Facebook, where a standard picture has some postprocessing applied so it slighly changes the point of view and gives some depth effect if you move the phone.
since all modern phones have multiple back cameras, i'm waiting for the first device that will have 2 identical lens at exactly the tipical inter-eyes distance so a real stereo picture can be captured.
this stereo picture could provide a real 3D image when viewed with an headset, or provide a real depth effect on a standard phone screen.

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User

There's been phones released with this sort of thing before, but it's never really got popular. It does sound like it should be a real thing, but some reason people have never been bothered about it.

BlueVision

Licensed User
Longtime User
new phone = new smartphone or mobile?
(maybe I am "oldschool" for all that new gadgets, especially with the newer versions of Android...)
Nethertheless (don't take it too seriously): ;)

1. Battery
Back to the roots. A battery lasting as long as my Nokia did in the 90s, three weeks standby is a good start. Imagine how many people load their phone minimum once per day...
2. Operating system
2a. No Pseudointelligence to "protect" me (delete my settings and given rights without asking me in regular intervals)
2b. No blocking of any directories, paths or whatever
2c. Advertising always works...
3. Get rid of filters and all these photoshop-like gadgets to make real photos "more real"
4. Missing the (real!!) SNAKE...
5. Guide me out of the traffic jam with just one click...
6. HD-content on a screen with the size of cigarettes pack? Come on... Nobody needs this bandwith-wasting stuff
7. Sound!!! Most mobiles are not able to play simple stereo. For this you have a bluetooth boombox. Congratulations... Better enjoy real stereo-sound with a top quality headset. Have you ever heard a binaural stereo? That's unbeatable. Forget dolby atmos and all that technology hyped stuff.
8. A smombie (smartphone-zombie) feature that protects me in the real world...
9. Bright display under extreme sunlight
10. A normal screen-format. Who needs a screen ratio of 4:1? Try to put this mobile into a backpocket of your trousers...

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
these are stereoscopic displays, i was talking about stereoscopic cameras instead
If you read the table, there's a column for 3D camera:
1710370700029.png