Google Maps & Related

iCAB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All

Looking for the code to show and embed Google maps on a form with following functionality:
1. User can type an address; while typing, a drop down will get displayed showing possible matches ( same if you are typing an address on Google maps ); after an address is selected show address on map
2. a second control similar to the first one. After the user completes the typing, I want to show the route between the 2 addresses and get the distance between the 2 locations
3. an option to view nearby places ( and display in a list )
4. option to search by category for nearby places.

Please give me reasonable estimate, so we can initiate talks

Thanks

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you searched the forum enough then you wouldn't need to pay a penny. many examples are out there to just do that job.

iCAB

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you searched the forum enough then you wouldn't need to pay a penny. many examples are out there to just do that job.

Thanks for your reply. but I wasn't able to find anything that shows how to to do the address auto lookup drop down part
The rest I can do.

Do you know of any examples.

Thanks again

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can use a WebView for that, for example:
B4X:
Dim web As WebView

web.Initialize("")

Activity.AddView(web, 0dip, 0dip, 100%x, 100%y)

web.LoadUrl("https://www.google.com/maps")
That's the simplest way to do it.

iCAB

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can use a WebView for that, for example:
B4X:
Dim web As WebView

web.Initialize("")

Activity.AddView(web, 0dip, 0dip, 100%x, 100%y)

web.LoadUrl("https://www.google.com/maps")
That's the simplest way to do it.

Thanks a lot for your reply. May be I am not being very clear.
I am not trying to a load a web page , but instead I just need an "Address control" that works with google maps somehow exactly similar to the address control you use google maps.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I just need an "Address control" that works with google maps somehow exactly similar to the address control you use google maps.

Do you want to type a URL into a text edit box and then the website comes up?

iCAB

Licensed User
Longtime User
No URL, I just want to type the address.

To see exactly what I am looking for.
go to : https://www.google.ca/maps/preview and start typing an address in the text box and watch the dropdowm that shows up.
I want to add to a regular form ( not a web view ), a control that does exactly that..

Thanks again

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
May be I understand what you are saying.. but I can only give you some hits to research.
Try to find out if Gmaps APIs accept SQL statements such as "Like"
I am sure they do for themselves because it is obvious in their search box, but releasing this functionality
I don't know.. go ahead and do some search.

Good luck!