Android Question GooglePlayBilling - purchase canceled and product state still purchased

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm make some tests with the new billing library, to change it in my app.
I have only in-app products - to disable ads - not subscriptions.

I tested the purchase and it's OK, but if I cancel (refund) the purchase in Play Console and if I check the state of the product, it still show "STATE_PURCHASED".

How I can check if the order was cancelled, to show the ads again?

Thanks in advance for any tip.

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
How long did you wait between refunding the in-app purchase and checking to see if it was still purchased?

Maybe there is a refund que that takes a day or two to flush out and then it will properly show it as "NOT purchased".

P.S. Please keep us updated - I was also wondering about this same issue, so I am very interested in what you find out.

Upvote 0

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
How long did you wait between refunding the in-app purchase and checking to see if it was still purchased?
More than 24 hours now.
Maybe there is a refund que that takes a day or two to flush out and then it will properly show it as "NOT purchased".
I hope, but the purchase was marked with "refunded" in Google Play Console since I cancel the purchase.
P.S. Please keep us updated - I was also wondering about this same issue, so I am very interested in what you find out.
Yes. If had a change in the status, I'll post here, but I want to know if there is a way to check this, because the purchased was confirm with refunded.

Upvote 0

noeleon

Licensed User
I think that is caused by the Play Store app not updating the cached "purchased" status. Try and clear play store's data and run your app again.

Upvote 0

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think that is caused by the Play Store app not updating the cached "purchased" status. Try and clear play store's data and run your app again.
Thanks, but that doesn't solve the problem here.
I cannot ask the user to clear the data from the Play Store app, after he asks for a refund.
I'm doing some research and I think that there is no option to check this in the app (if the refund request was made). It will always show the product as purchased after the purchase is made.
By the way, clearing the data doesn't work either. The app continues to recognize the purchase as made, even after the refund.

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you ever find out how to get the "Purchased" flag to clear so when you refund a user, the user will start to see ads again?

Upvote 0

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Please don't post in old threads...
Sorry, I could don't miss this. šŸ˜„šŸ˜„

After some tests, I don't understand how to do this and moved to other projects.

Upvote 0