Graphic designer to create games

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I'd like to create a team of skilled people to produce quality games. I can create the code and the music for any kind of games (except a multiplayer game on a large scale because that needs resources I don't have). I have no money to offer (hey come back, it's not finished :)). I want to do this as a hobby, but a "serious" hobby. And all profits will be evenly distributed, of course, if we charge users.

I'm going to publish my first Android game in a few weeks (months?). It's many small games or activities for kids/toddlers. My wife does all the graphics part (as my own skill sucks in this area), but she's more a paintress than a graphic designer and that takes too much of her time. So I need to find someone else to develop all my ideas. Maybe not on this project (I think I can finish it with my wife), but for other projects, your help is more than welcome.

It's also an opportunity to bring life to your ideas if your programming skills are not that good. I'm as open to your ideas as, I hope, you will be open to mine.

If you're a skilled programmer or musician, your contribution may also be useful. It depends on what you bring to the team.

EDIT: you can see all the code I created for B4A here (under my name: F. Leneuf-Magaud). I have a few other libraries not publicly released that help to achieve great results.

Last edited:

basil99

Licensed User
Longtime User
Welcome to both of you!
I'm glad that you want to join the project. I'm going to send you a private mail very soon.

@Basil99
Your work and your skill is exactly what I'm looking for.

Its 3D rendered grafics. Have a humble idea to port it to android )

basil99

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, Informatix !

Got your PM. Need to say the following

1. Team must have a leader, I suppose its you
2. I think its not a bad idea to make a list of possible projects, having in mind some native limitations, like
a) ppl will work for free, expecting some $$ after publishing;
b) ppl will work in their spare time, so project must be not so big;
c) we need a place to talk, may be this thread, or may be sort of subforum if possible;

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, Informatix !

Got your PM. Need to say the following

1. Team must have a leader, I suppose its you
2. I think its not a bad idea to make a list of possible projects, having in mind some native limitations, like
a) ppl will work for free, expecting some $$ after publishing;
b) ppl will work in their spare time, so project must be not so big;
c) we need a place to talk, may be this thread, or may be sort of subforum if possible;

1) Leader is big word. I can be a "coordinator".
2) Ok. I have precise ideas of what I want to do but I'm not able to say, for example, if that will take days, weeks or months to do the graphics part. And I suppose you have the project to port your Windows game to Android. I have to know more about it to give an answer on its feasibility.
2c) I don't want to expose publicly what we're going to do. If we are three or four, we can exchange e-mails.

@mc73: I didn't forget you. I'm just very busy since yesterday.

basil99

Licensed User
Longtime User
1) Leader is big word. I can be a "coordinator".
2) Ok. I have precise ideas of what I want to do but I'm not able to say, for example, if that will take days, weeks or months to do the graphics part. And I suppose you have the project to port your Windows game to Android. I have to know more about it to give an answer on its feasibility.
2c) I don't want to expose publicly what we're going to do. If we are three or four, we can exchange e-mails.

@mc73: I didn't forget you. I'm just very busy since yesterday.

1) Ok
2) Correct, I PMed you link to my game to take a look, on other hand you can estimate what volume of grafix need to be made or redone for your game.
May be more ideas will come from other team members. Anyway we need to choose what project is better.

grant1842

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'd be interested in being involved in team projects. The only public creation I have is my currently beta game on the Play Store. It's multiplayer and is designed for a large scale of players. I will note that I'm not very graphic design oriented, but more code oriented.

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'd be interested in being involved in team projects. The only public creation I have is my currently beta game on the Play Store. It's multiplayer and is designed for a large scale of players. I will note that I'm not very graphic design oriented, but more code oriented.

Can you provide the link to your software? Thanks in advance.

I have nothing against other coders in this team (especially when they have skills I don't have), but I have to admit I'm looking more for artists. They are difficult to find. I'm very glad that Basil99 have joined me, but I'm afraid he could be discouraged if all the graphics work is put on his shoulders.
When I'm back from vacation, I will send you an email, more complete, with a few ideas.

MC73: Did you receive my email?

PhilN

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just curious. Did you guys put something together yet or are you still busy?

PhilN

Licensed User
Longtime User
I started on the C64, ZX Spectrum 48K+, Amiga, PC etc way back when it all began. I am a qualified Aircraft Instrument Technician but I left that 20 years ago as it was maintenance work and I am a creative! I did enjoy it there as I worked in the flight simulator section. It was my duty to test fly the simulator every morning to see that all the instruments etc. were working. If not we had to replace them. Of course there were other maintenance duties too. It was there that I learnt about electronics.

So currently I am doing electronic development (R & D) for Zodiac pool cleaners. Very exciting! I'm enjoying that very much. It involves circuit design, PCB layout, firmware authoring for a target micro controller in high level languages as well as assembler, also Bluetooth comms etc. It was here where I bought B4A and started programming as part of a project for them. B4A is brilliant and easy. It makes so much sense to me and has taught me much about programming!

I am also a graphic designer and have some good experience with that. I have a good sense of quality etc. I am also a 3D animator (modelling, texturing, animation, scene layout, lighting and rendering). I have done some amount of character animation too. I have extensive experience with various paint packages and vector art packages and am good with layouts etc. Visit my 3D artwork portfolio here http://www.phillipjnewman.moonfruit.com/ I lost my 2D online portfolio. I'll have to go and recreate it again : (

I am also a musician, a drummer since the age of 16 and have in the past created my own sound tracks, mods, wave file editing etc, but I am not a well versed composer. Just mediocre.

I am currently writing a compass app for the Android market in B4. I am planning to make something of real quality that you would just have to buy cause it looks cool and works really well. So far I have done quite a lot of work already, but still much remains. I plan to have different skins/themes. The compass will be optionally gyro stabilized for rapid liquid smooth motion when turning. I have written a long feature list which I must still work through. Currently it has an option to show true North. It loads a library that calculates the magnetic declination at your geo-location which can be entered manually or by enabling the GPS. It is tilt compensated and has a strip view i.e. you can hold the phone up horizontally with a transparent (by using the camera lib) strip heading indicator scrolling across the screen showing the heading. As usual it takes longer than I would have wanted, but...

That's a word (too many) about me. What are you currently working on? If I may ask... What's your main focus?