Android Question HD or 4k video forward/reverse frame accurate search & playback?

almontgreen

Licensed User
Longtime User
If the following capability exists I can't find it and if it doesn't I would fund the development:
-------------------
Right now I load individual jpeg images into memory (I can load about 50 HD resolution images before running out of memory). Swapping images in and out of memory works but is too slow. A video file with it's index locations would yield a big performance increase.

Here's my functionality descriptions at HD resolution and 4K resolution (must output to a canvas):

1. Search to a frame and display it with a completion parameter returned

2. Request current frame number (while playing or paused) must be accurate and not return audio time but frame number.

3. play video forward or reverse, pausing on specified end frame number.

4. specify speed of playback up to 24 frames per second minimum.

5. step forward 1 frame and display command (with completion parameter returned)

6. step reverse 1 frame and display command (with completion parameter returned)

7. load and unload video file into 1 canvas object

8. display must refresh with no blanking or flashing, seamlessly switching from one image to the next.

9. step commands can be issued with performance up to 12 images per second including polling completion parameter.

The video format can be uncompressed, mjpeg, H.264 or something else as I have control over producing the video file and it would be a local playback. File size isn't important because it would be local off of an SSD drive, performance is critical!

Any advice or suggestions would be most appreciated! I have funding for this to hire development if necessary.

It needs to output to a canvas object so I can draw on the image (text, other images, etc. ) The above would run on a high performance Android box or tablet.
-Almont