Help - Understanding libraries - would be appreciated

foursheds

Licensed User
Longtime User
Please could someone help me understand libraries - I'm new to VB4A

I've just installed the full version of VB4A and have a list of (about 25) libraries on the 'libs' tab. How can I view the contents of each library?, or find a specific function ?. I want to find 'FTP' for example.

Is there an official list of the contents of each library ?

Many thanks, Foursheds

foursheds

Licensed User
Longtime User
Libraries - help in understanding !

Many thanks for your link - the top line say "Most libraries are included in the IDE installation package. These libraries are not listed here" - I have for instance the library 'Network (Version 1.23) listed in my 'libs' tab - I guess this is one of the standard ones and isn't documented in the link you suggested I look at ?.

I want to use the function 'FTP' - how can I find which library it is in - and also how can I list the functions within the libraries I have after installing the full version ?

Thanks for your patience ...

Regards, Foursheds

Upvote 0

foursheds

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your reply and patience. I think I'm getting there - first I don't see the library 'NET' in my 'libs' list - is there somewhere I need to go to download it ?. Second I guess - is there a documented list of libraries and contents ? (and somewhere to download them ?),

Thanks for your help - as a beginner to this - I really appreciate it

Regards, Foursheds

Upvote 0

foursheds

Licensed User
Longtime User
I keep coming back to "Most libraries are included in the IDE installation package" - I installed VB4A today and only had about 25 libraries available after the install of the full version - the NET library for instance was missing. Is this to be expected ?. The NET library isn't listed as one of the 'additional libraries' - but then wasn't installed (for me anyway) as part of the installation process ?.

Many thanks for your patience here,

Regards, foursheds

Upvote 0

SCIS

Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:
Upvote 0