iOS Question How can I read/write MIDI CC and sysex over Bluetooth?

OlavRossland

Licensed User
Longtime User
How can I read/write MIDI CC and sysex over Bluetooth in B4i ??

UPDATE (january 2023):
Following the message from @Erel, and that there is currently no MIDI library for the B4i, I conclude that it is not possible to create MIDI applications to send/receive MIDI/SysEx in the B4i today.

Last edited:

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
Steps to know if you can comunicate with that module:

If yes, then to start use the example

Upvote 0

OlavRossland

Licensed User
Longtime User
Steps to know if you can comunicate with that module:

If yes, then to start use the example

Very useful @f0raster0 - thanks!

The next step is to understand how I can read/write MIDI CC and SysEx by using B4i...
Maybe @stevel05 has any tips?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OlavRossland

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have tested most things within Bluetooth now. What I now need to know is how to send and receive MIDI CC and SysEx in - general with B4i.
I have searched all over the B4i forum about MIDI for B4i, but can't find anything. Any tips @Erel ?

Upvote 0

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have tested most things within Bluetooth now. What I now need to know is how to send and receive MIDI CC and SysEx in - general with B4i.
1. Run nRF App to get the information needed (post a screenshot here)
for example: the App nRF will tell you if you can connect to those modules.
2. Run the B4i example (it read data automatically, you don't have to do anything) - post the logs

Upvote 0

OlavRossland

Licensed User
Longtime User
1. Run nRF App to get the information needed (post a screenshot here)
for example: the App nRF will tell you if you can connect to those modules.
2. Run the B4i example (it read data automatically, you don't have to do anything) - post the logs

Thank you very much for your involvement @f0raster0, but I may have phrased my question somewhat incorrectly.

I don't need any nRF App. I need guidance - with a code example, on HOW to make an app that can communicate between iPhone and some MIDI device using B4i software. Specifically - what is the code/syntax/answer for:
  1. how to read MIDI CC/SysEx from MIDI device?
  2. how to send MIDI CC/SysEx to MIDI device?
  3. is there a MIDI library for the B4i that I can use?
I have seen @stevel05 made MIDI-stuff (see Android forum here) by using B4a, but I have to do it with B4i...
You refer to a B4i example... (I don't have an example of my own yet...) Do you have a link to any B4i example? Or mayby @Erel have? - or anyone else?

Upvote 0

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
I don't need any nRF App. I need guidance - with a code example, on HOW to make an app that can communicate between iPhone and some MIDI device

Before we worry about HOW, we need to confirm IF it is even possible.

If you cannot connect to the device using nRF Connect or similar, then trying to connect via BLE from B4i will be a waste of time and effort.

Upvote 0

OlavRossland

Licensed User
Longtime User
Before we worry about HOW, we need to confirm IF it is even possible.

If you cannot connect to the device using nRF Connect or similar, then trying to connect via BLE from B4i will be a waste of time and effort.

I have tested and confirmed that it IS possible connect to the device using nRF Connect - or similar. That is not my challenge.

My challenge is:
Is it possible - with B4i - to send/receive MIDI/SysEx? - Is there, for example, a MIDI library for the B4i?

Upvote 0