B4J Question How to make an Asterisk/3Cx type voip/sip pbx?

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
How to make a voip / sip switchboard (like Asterisk / 3Cx, ...)?

I would like to activate, within a Windows virtual machine on an internal office PC, a telephone switchboard with basic functions:
- connection to one or more sip client extensions (software or hardware)
- communication between extensions
- connection to voip / sip operator for communication with external public telephone network
- the connection to an external line must allow calls to be made from an internal extension to any public telephone network, and similarly to receive calls from the public telephone network to intrnal extensions

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Asterix is a very complex PBX System. There is no Library for B4J available for it.

I guess you have to write a complete and complex wrapper for Asterix first.

Upvote 0

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
Asterix is a very complex PBX System. There is no Library for B4J available for it.

I guess you have to write a complete and complex wrapper for Asterix first.

Replicating the functionality of a system like Asterisk is not what I am looking for
What I would like to obtain are the 'basic functionalities' for communicating between extensions and on the public telephone network
Let's say something more than the examples published by Erel some time ago on the Sip libraries

Upvote 0

MarrowZero

Licensed User
Install latest freepbx as your voip/sip server (in a vm if you like) That's a lot of function for free. However, you can then create your own user interface using b4x.
Sip is super complex, I personally wouldn't try to revert this wheel.
If operating a system connected to the public world, you must setup security else you'll be hacked within a week.

(do not purchase commercial modules, or the awful zulu mobile, Sangoma are complete idiots, I know coz I'm a reseller)

Upvote 0