Java Question import com.google.mlkit.vision.text.Text;

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I guess the are inside some artefacts which are not part of the actual sdkresources. You need to download them with the SDK-Manager.

BUT it is not recommended. As soon as you update all needed artefacts you´ll break something in the compilation/running your app.

I tried it recently but ran into problems so i directly stopped and reinstalled the SDK (not starting the sdkmanager new).

Edit: If you start the sdk-manager and just search for MLKIT you should find some artefacts. Be aware to reinstall the SDK on problems.

Last edited:

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I guess the are inside some artefacts which are not part of the actual sdkresources. You need to download them with the SDK-Manager.

BUT it is not recommended. As soon as you update all needed artefacts you´ll break something in the compilation/running your app.

I tried it recently but ran into problems so i directly stopped and reinstalled the SDK (not starting the sdkmanager new).

Edit: If you start the sdk-manager and just search for MLKIT you should find some artefacts. Be aware to reinstall the SDK on problems.
Have searched for it with numerous downloads from the SDK but it is not there. Don't think there is anything else to download from the SDK manager that contains "mlkit" with the required class in it. Very strange....

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it's in here, johan: play-services-mlkit-text-recognition-common-17.0.0.aar
maven. but, as @DonManfred says, it's only going to open the door to more - bigger - issues.
i've built mlkit for ocr and translation as a standalone app which i use every day with a b4a driver. it very much resists wrapping the way google has implemented it.