Is there any alternative approach if my IP is private

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, it is the same (it is clearly written on the OpenVPN client's activity). I have tried with another location but without more success.
I better think that it is logic : they share the IPs between more than one customer (probably).

Is that similar to what my ISP is doing ?

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is that similar to what my ISP is doing ?
Some sort but in reverse order : they provide a public Ip and with their software they route the traffic to your computer. But I have thought about because some companies do use the same VPN system to sell static IP (but they are expensive. ex: http://vpnstaticip.com/) ; so I had to try

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Silly question : have you already tried with no-ip ?

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is it different from DuckDNS?
I don't know and can only suggest you to try.
DuckDNS didn't work for you because it routes a subdomain to your IP. We are more trying to find a free (if possible :)) solution where a software creates a tunnel from your PC to a public IP to avoid having to deal with your provider's restrictions

Edit : rraaaahhh.. Just seen my web server again. Perhaps could you try PrivateTunnel too... (unsure)

Edit1 : no-ip won't work because it only links the subdomain to the IP and does not create a tunnel.

Sorry, I have to go... Good luck

Last edited:

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't know and can only suggest you to try.
DuckDNS didn't work for you because it routes a subdomain to your IP. We are more trying to find a free (if possible :)) solution where a software creates a tunnel from your PC to a public IP to avoid having to deal with your provider's restrictions

Edit : rraaaahhh.. Just seen my web server again. Perhaps could you try PrivateTunnel too... (unsure)

Edit1 : no-ip won't work because it only links the subdomain to the IP and does not create a tunnel.

Sorry, I have to go... Good luck

Thanks a lot I appreciate all your help :)
Will try VPN

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Longtime User
Unfortunately , I couldn't reach my server even using PrivateTunnel .

I hope someone would give us some solution