#madebygoogle - Live in 1 hour

Jim Brown

Licensed User
Longtime User
In case anyone's interested Google's 2016 live stream event kicks off shortly (1 hour from the time of this post). Expect to see the new Pixel phones and more. Live stream link:

It will be interesting to see where Google is going with Android and Chrome OS integration. Whether things stay as they are or become more integrated (such as with Andromedia).

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, not convinced at all by that Android going iOS (or Google hunting on Apple's fields). From here (PT), the prices seem to have become higher and the devices presented seem not to complete but compete.
Well, some new "old" stuff, like that WiFi router, not a real one... Or those smartphones new "older" smartphones (only the blue is something new - install Allo, Google Camera, Google Photo and Google Now Launcher and you are done). Or that VR Team's Manager with many difficulties to give us the wanting to use her VR (that movie was boring for me), that map of the sky nothing new...
But perhaps it's because I am not in the US

stylo-a-bille-m10-click-bic-4-coloris-au-choix.jpg

Last edited:

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Agreeing with @lemonisdead

In addition, with all this AI, prediction of what users are going to do next, I see privacy issues. Google seems to turn into the Big Brother knowing everything about me. It frightens me a bit to say the least!

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
VR is a nice toy but...

Have you tried a consumer Rift or Vive headset? I tried a Rift a few days ago and it totally blew me away, way more than 3D tv or cinema ever has.

All I want to do now is get enough spare money together to upgrade my and buy a VR hmd. I played a mountain climbing game (called the climb), which was amazing, if I'd had hand controllers instead of the xbox pad it would have felt very real, but that's coming very soon (few weeks from now)