Android Question Merging Audio to MP4 Video File

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, has anyone been able to add audio to an MP4 video file?
I've written a small library based on the JCODEC library which can create a video from a list of jpeg or png images, but I now need to add audio track to the video. Has anyone done this in B4A yet, I've done some research and there are some other libraries that would do this, but i'm trying to avoid having to write another wrapper for any of those libraries.

The JCODEC library does not have the option to add audio files to the video files.

If anyone has any suggestions please share your experience.

Thanks,
Walter

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Walter,

I don't remember seeing anything on the forum with a wrapper to do that. I think that you are among the first with this requirement. So unfortunately, no wrapper available.

@Tyler Asked for something similar here: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/q-combining-audio-and-video-recording-into-mp4.46967/ he may have some more info.

Steve
Thanks for your reply Stevel05, I'm going to have to try and wrap the FFMPEG library, currently i'm using the Jcodec library, unfortunately i did not realize you can't not mux audio with that library before i started wrapping it.

Anyway, thank you!

Walter

Upvote 0